Eamonn Conlon has specialised in construction for more than 20 years, and been involved in many of the largest and most complex projects undertaken in Ireland - from procurement to contract negotiation and drafting to strategic mid-stream advice to dispute resolution. His clients include public authorities, private owners, sponsors, funders, contractors, and designers.
Eamonn drafted Ireland's standard public works contracts and advised the Department of Finance on their implementation. He has advised on several public private partnerships. His dispute resolution experience spans from mediation and conciliation to adjudication to arbitration and litigation.
Before joining A&L Goodbody, Eamonn practised as a construction lawyer in California and with a leading UK firm. He began his legal career at the Irish Bar.
Eamonn's recent experience includes:
- Acting for the employer in arbitration of claims (>€100 million) arising from a FIDIC design and build contract.
- Advising a university on procurement and contractual issues arising from two significant building projects.
- Acting for the employer in arbitration of claims under a performance bond.
- Acting for a local authority in judicial review proceedings arising from award of a framework contract.
- Advising the Railway Procurement Agency on Metro North and Metro West, and Irish Rail on DART Underground, three very large railway projects to be procured as public private partnerships.
- Advising successful sponsors and their funders on several PPP contracts, ongoing advice to project company on PPP projects.
- "Leading individual." (Legal 500 2016)
- "Eamonn is a widely admired practitioner in this area, who receives glowing feedback for his work. Clients describe him as 'very personable and easy to work with'. Market sources also enthuse about his in-depth knowledge of this field." (Chambers Europe 2016)
- "Recognised as an outstanding lawyer and commands mountains of respect." (Chambers Europe 2015)
- "The fantastic Eamonn Conlon." (Legal 500 2015)
- BCL, University College Dublin, 1981
- Barrister-at-Law, Honourable Society of Kings Inns, 1983
- LL.M, University College Dublin, 1984
- Attorney-at-Law, United States Supreme Court ,1992
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland, 1998
- Solicitor, Law Society of England and Wales
- Solicitor, Law Society of Northern Ireland