This Business Analyst (BA) role provides the chance to become part of an expanding Client Technology Team, and an opportunity to create an impact in a firm that is transforming how legal professionals deliver legal services.
This role is part business, part creative, part technology but one hundred percent digital. As we are transforming how legal services are being delivered we are looking for someone who is committed, passionate about transformation, and comfortable in getting into the detail in order to deliver better solutions.
The role will require a great balance of business analysis, collaboration, perseverance and influencing skills to ensure projects are successfully delivered. This is a business facing role and covers the full lifecycle - from inception through to go-live.
By working closely with Partners, Directors and Lawyers, as well as the firms practice groups, the BA will analyse, recommend design and document changes to the business processes in line with business goals.
The role will also involve working with Business Services teams and external suppliers to ensure any new products or technologies which are selected are robust, scalable and align with the firm's business and technical strategies.
By tightly lacing an understanding of business analysis, process improvement, and solution design with the practice of law and technology, you will help create market leading legal service solutions that enhance our client experiences.
This is an exciting role in driving the firm's innovative approach to the practice of law, and the delivery of next generation technologies to, and service delivery systems for, our clients.
This role will report to the Client Technology Director.
- At least 3-4 years of related experience as a Business Analyst.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Information Systems or other computer related field.
- Previous experience in professional services, ideally a law firm.
Role and Responsibilities
- Conduct requirements capture workshops, meetings and presentations to gather business justification drivers and requirements (both functional and non-functional) for each new Client Technology project.
- Undertake gap analysis of captured requirements against any existing in-house solutions. Identify any enhancements necessary to align these with the project requirements.
- Undertake new product capability assessments, comparisons and evaluations (inc. trials).
- Using best practice methods and tools to produce detailed requirements and functional specifications to capture any 'as-is' and 'to-be' changes.
- Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure requirements are understood and signed off prior to solution development.
- Work with the project stakeholders, PMO and the Client Technology team to prioritise and sequence the optimum delivery of the project requirements.
- Actively manage stakeholder expectations in terms of project scope and delivery timelines. Closely and continually manage project scope.
- Coordinate analysis efforts with internal Business Services teams and any 3rd party suppliers to ensure that requirements can be delivered in accordance with the stakeholders needs. Propose remediation's to address gaps.
- Work closely with IT & Operations to ensure that any current or new products being proposed work in line with current (or future) technical capabilities.
- Work closely with the PMO to ensure any project deliverables are created in line with the overall PMO lifecycle.
- Communicate clearly and concisely to all project stakeholders, at all stages, to ensure stakeholders are aware of progress and remain aligned on scope and deliverables.
- Ensure the delivery of business analysis collateral for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Support all phases of the projects user acceptance testing cycle to ensure requirements as detailed in the specification documentation have been delivered.
- Work closely with project stakeholders, Business Services, and IT teams to ensure a smooth transition to the new solution. Where necessary devise detailed cut over plans to address potential operational impacts at cutover.
- Organise, create and release user guides and training documentation required for each project.
- Proactively build a detailed and in depth understanding of the business processes and approaches used across all areas of the firm in the delivery of legal services.
- Proactively review existing business systems and suppliers against others in the market, keeping abreast of new developments in the technology space.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent ability in producing high quality, clear, structured business requirements and project documentation.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills to present technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships at all levels.
- A self-starter who is comfortable in, and committed to, working through ambiguity with an ability to take the initiative.
- Excellent ability to steer projects through to completion by taking ownership and working through ambiguity.
- Excellent end to end project lifecycle experience including testing solutions to ensure they meet requirements.
- Ability to balance immediate client needs with the maturing strategic aims of the firm/function.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation abilities. Able to handle multiple deliveries in a changing environment with minimal supervision.
- A good understanding of technology and IT systems - preferably in the financial or legal services domains.
- High level of professionalism and accountability; handles sensitive/confidential information with appropriate care.
- Advanced proficiency with the full Microsoft Office suite including. M/S Project and M/S Visio.