Audio Visual (AV) Lead
Increased globalisation and 24 x 7 client support requirements are driving the demand to provide ALG staff with the ability of meeting, communicating and collaborating with clients using the latest technologies.
ALG are investing in the development and implementation of a wide range of technologies to support client and internal communication including a firmwide rollout of the Skype for Business unified communication platform.
In support of our communication strategy we have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Audio Visual lead to join our IT Team to manage and support the firm's Audio Visual, Video Conferencing and visiting Client Technology service provision.
Purpose of the role:
Responsible for the delivery of comprehensive, efficient and error free service provision that meets the needs of the firm, covering both internal/external clients within client facing and internal meeting and training rooms with regard to the following services:
- Staff and client liaison and co-ordination of audio visual (AV) presentation, videoconferencing (VC), webinars, sound system and IT training room requirements
- Fully competent in the setup and use of meeting rooms equipment including - LED screens, sound system, integrated control systems, projectors, VCs, laptops and PCs.
- Competent in MS Powerpoint (including adding graphics, sound and movie clips), streaming and various online collaboration tools to support webinars.
- WiFi and mobile equipment support to the firm's clients
- Working with the firm's external AV specialist provider on larger scale events hosted in the office.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assist with the on-going review of the Audio Visual Service provision to identify areas of improvement and achieve the optimum balance and integration of service across the offices, devising and implementing appropriate changes whilst ensuring client/customer needs are fully met.
- Set up, prepare, configure, test, monitor, and troubleshoot teleconferencing equipment, multimedia devices, televisions, monitors, projectors, recording equipment, speaker sets and other presentation equipment for meetings and events dealing with all technical aspects.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, alerts and/or e-mails regarding AV software/hardware problems within recognised timeframes
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex AV hardware problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair as needed.
- Document instances of AV equipment failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Handle incoming booking requests for AV equipment and setup in conjunction with the Facilities / Reception team.
- Troubleshoot AV issues using the appropriate testing tools.
- Transport AV equipment throughout facility.
- Tag or label AV equipment owned by the organisation; periodically audit inventories .
- Develop effective customer (Legal/Partners, Facilities, IT, Events and Marketing) relationships, acting as the key point of contact, initially meeting and discussing AV/VC requirements, organising and preparing equipment and presentation proceedings, supporting such presentations as required, trouble shooting defects and providing first line breakdown and basic maintenance support of AV equipment.
- Assess the Audio Visual Service performance and perception, including regular client/customer feedback, preparing appropriate analysis reports on a quarterly basis.
- Develop opportunities within the Audio Visual Service to add value, working closely with Facilities team and support departments and suppliers as required.
- To play a full and proactive part in the overall development of Audio Visual services, contributing to proposals for innovative ways of delivering services with progressive service and efficiency improvements.
- Provide on-going training to internal staff and assist with preparing training material.
- A minimum of 2 years Audio Visual experience ideally.
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems and MS Office applications
- Excellent technical knowledge of teleconferencing, presentation, and other AV hardware.
- Comprehensive hands-on AV equipment troubleshooting experience.
- Understanding and ability to support telephone systems and mobile connectivity /communications.
- Knowledge of current service suppliers and equipment in the marketplace and latest AV related technological advances and innovations.
- Team player - reliable and helpful.
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate with people at all levels. Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to working hours
If you are interested in the above role or require any further information please contact Claire Boland, HR Gerneralist.
8 July 2018