Finance Assistant – Department Support
Reporting to the Business Support Manager, the successful candidate will play an important role within the Finance team and have responsibility for the effective support of the Fee Earning Community in all aspects of the Practice Management System, particularly around billing and time recording. The successful candidate will assist in the effective management of the audit confirmation process in addition to other duties.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to build trusted relationships with key recipients, excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work within a team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing appropriate support and assistance to Partners, Solicitors and PA's in all aspects of billing and time recording.
This will involve:
- Preparation and processing of Invoices and associated documentation
- Checking invoices thoroughly before sending to Partners/Solicitors
- Dealing with telephone enquiries relating to billing
- Ensuring rates are properly applied in the system.
- Comprehensive follow up of action items, such as time transfers, time write off's.
- Attendance at quarterly WIP Reviews.
- Client and other Ad Hoc reporting
- Responsible for the management of the matter inception process including checking all new matters created in the Practice Management System
- Assisting in the the completion of audit confirmation letters and liaising with relevant internal and external parties to complete this process in a timely manner. This will involve:
- Maintaining a log of all audit confirmations received on a daily basis.
- Running the relevant reports in the Practice Management System.
- Interpreting the Information. An understanding of key concepts such as WIP will be required.
- Preparation of the template for sign off by Partner.
- Following up with partner for outstanding confirmations.
- Returning the signed audit confirmation to the Client/Auditor.
- Ensuring all hard/ soft copies are filed appropriately.
- To improve the quality of data in the Practice Management System at both an Entity and Matter level
- Provide assistance to finance department as required
- Ad hoc administration: photocopying, filing
Skills and Experience required:
- Strong customer focus
- Good numerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team
- Strong PC application skills
- Well-developed organisational and administration skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Effective time management skills
- Previous experience in a finance related role is desirable but not essential.
If you are interested in the above role or require any further information please contact Evelyn Moran, HR Lead.