To play a lead role in the continuing development of the finance function within the Firm. Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will manage the day to day activities of the finance team and ensure the proper internal controls over key financial processes are maintained.
Key aspects of the role and responsibilities:
- Ensure the production of timely and accurate financial accounts and reports in accordance with the Firm’s requirements
- Development of appropriate financial policies, procedures and controls across the Firm
- Manage regulatory compliance process including compliance with Solicitors Accounts Regulations
- Manage the activities of the Accounts Team (7 people) including the management of accounts payable, payroll, client funds, bank accounts and general ledger
- Co-ordinate the preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasts
- Maintenance and development of existing financial models and creation of new models as required.
Candidate Profile: General background and experience:
- The successful candidate will be a qualified chartered accountant with circa 4-5 years post qualification experience, ideally coming from practice and/or with experience in the professional services sector.
- He/she will have worked in a successful diverse organisation with full integration into the commercial dimensions of the business.
- He/she will have gained hands on people management experience through direct management of teams, including playing an active role in performance management and work allocation.
- He/she must have a proven capability to think at a strategic level but also possess the in-depth skills and expertise to manage this area of the Finance function.
- Excellent people management skills
- Strong technical knowledge of audit, accounting & tax
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Team leadership skills
- High level of computer literacy, in particular must have knowledge of MS Office applications
- Strong financial accounting systems experience
- Adaptable and flexible to be able to cope with an evolving role
A&L Goodbody is a leading Irish law firm. It has 6 international offices in Dublin, Belfast, London, New York, San Francisco, and Palo Alto. There are currently 90 partners between Europe and the US with over 800 employees. The strong international and domestic business community in Ireland forms a valuable part of the A&L Goodbody client base.
It is consistently ranked number one in the Irish market and also on a European level. Recent awards include European Law Firm of the Year (2015) – The Lawyer; Ireland's most Innovative Law Firm (2016) – Financial Times; Independent Law Firm of the year (2017) – the American Lawyer. It also has a significant track record in the pro-bono legal advice sector.
A&L Goodbody has a reputation for leading the way in continuously developing its service to clients and internally to its business. This is delivered through the use of new processes, ways of working and technologies and marketing leading business service teams.
For further information please contact Aisling O'Sullivan, HR.