IT Service Desk Analyst
A&L Goodbody is looking to recruit an IT Service Desk Analyst to join our growing IT Department. This position provides day-to-day Service Desk support (1st line duties) to all A&L Goodbody. The role is responsible for supporting the provision and continual improvement of IT support services from the IT Service Desk to all ALG offices globally.
Role and responsibilities
- Support the IT departmental and Service Desk policies for the organisation which includes all service delivery matters, technological matters, hardware and software procurement
- Ensure that all incidents and requests are recorded within the IT Service Management system
- Maintain an effective IT Service Desk service, ensuring delivery against the agreed service delivery goals and objectives, providing maximum availability and performance of the IT Service Desk service throughout the firm
- At all times ensure that polite and timely communication is carried out with the customer community regarding any aspect of service provision
- Take ownership of all incidents and requests throughout their lifecycle and track incidents and requests to conclusion in line with SLAs and quality standards
- Ensure prioritisation and escalation processes are followed, liaising where necessary with the rest of the IT team and/or third parties to ensure that all tickets are resolved efficiently and effectively
- Keep up-to-date on service delivery sector trends, developments and the associated opportunities and contribute to the development of plans to exploit those trends to improve the IT service delivery to the firm
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the post as may be requested by IT Management
Skills, experience and characteristics required
- Certification or diploma in IT or related subject or minimum one to two years’ experience or working on an IT helpdesk.
- Relevant work placement experience in a similar IT environment.
- Technical skills should include MS Office, Windows, MS Outlook/Exchange, VPN support, Windows applications and the ability to answer PC, printer, network and telephone queries.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment with changing priorities/deadlines.
- Experience of adhering to and achieving/exceeding SLA’s.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent communication skills via different mediums i.e. telephone, email and in-person.
- Strong customer service focus and be prepared to go the extra mile.
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team.
- Problem solving skills
A&L Goodbody is a leading Irish law firm. It has 6 international offices in Dublin, Belfast, London, New York, San Francisco, and Palo Alto. There are currently 95 partners and over 800 employees. The strong international and domestic business community in Ireland forms a valuable part of the A&L Goodbody client base.
It is consistently ranked number one in the Irish market and also on a European level. A sample of recent notable awards include Irish Law Firm of the Year (2018) by Chambers Europe; European Law Firm of the Year (2015) by The Lawyer; Ireland's most Innovative Law Firm (2016) by the Financial Times and Independent Law Firm of the year (2017) by the American Lawyer. It also has a significant track record in the pro-bono legal advice sector.
A&L Goodbody has a reputation for leading the way in continuously developing its service to client, and in the quality and professionalism of its internal business service teams, use of new processes, ways of working and technologies.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Claire Boland at firstname.lastname@example.org