IT Service Desk Manager
We are looking to recruit a Service Desk Manager to join our growing IT Department.
This position leads the IT Service Desk and is responsible for the provision and continual improvement of IT support services from the IT Service Desk to all offices.
The successful candidate will be working directly with the IT Director to support the delivery a quality IT service.
Role and responsibilities
- Work closely with the Director of IT to develop the IT service delivery strategy to support and contribute to the organisation’s corporate goals and business objectives
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop the IT Service Desk Team so that they are valued by the firm and can meet the firm’s service delivery expectations
- Responsible for assuring business users are provided efficient and timely first and second level support on a 24x7 basis; including emergency out-of-hours cover
- To set and enforce the policies, processes and operational procedures of the IT Service Desk
- Establish, maintain and improve an effective IT Service Desk service, ensuring delivery against service delivery goals and objectives agreed with senior management, providing maximum availability and performance of the IT Service Desk service throughout the firm
- Both directly and through immediate reports contribute to internal and external communications of the IT Department, including ensuring your team provides all relevant information to its sponsors and customers such as project performance against goals, service level agreement performance and other such pertinent IT activities
- Implement effective Service Management processes (Major Incident, Incident & Request and Problem Management) based on good practice principles such as ITIL
- Responsible for providing appropriate communication to the business for all service affecting incidents including declared major incidents
- Liaison with external 3rd party vendors
- Support the Firm's ISO27001 certification and GDPR compliance maintenance programs in areas relevant to the IT Service Desk
- Working closely with the IT Training Team to maximise the IT literacy in the business and minimise the numbers of IT incident / calls to the Service Desk
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department and senior management
- Keep up-to-date on service delivery trends, developments and the associated opportunities and develop plans to exploit those trends to improve the IT service delivery to the firm
- Contribute and assist with IT projects where appropriate
Skills, experience and characteristics required
- 3rd level qualification in IT discipline, or equivalent experience
- ITIL Practitioner with excellent knowledge ITIL/IT Service Manager processes and best practice
- Working knowledge of IT Infrastructure & Operations technologies, trends and strategies
- Good analytical skills to effectively plan appropriate corrective action and escalation of Support issues
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- Experience of setting, adhering to and achieving/exceeding SLA’s
- Excellent People Management skills with strong commitment to customer service excellence
- Can work under their own initiative, taking a proactive approach to working
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills required to present department plans and activities to individuals and groups throughout the company
- Respond adequately to inquiries or complaints
- Perform under pressure, deal with persons acting under pressure and adapt when confronted with emergency situations
A&L Goodbody is a leading Irish law firm. It has 6 international offices in Dublin, Belfast, London, New York, San Francisco, and Palo Alto. There are currently 95 partners and over 800 employees. The strong international and domestic business community in Ireland forms a valuable part of the A&L Goodbody client base.
It is consistently ranked number one in the Irish market and also on a European level. A sample of recent notable awards include Irish Law Firm of the Year (2018) by Chambers Europe; European Law Firm of the Year (2015) by The Lawyer; Ireland's most Innovative Law Firm (2016) by the Financial Times and Independent Law Firm of the year (2017) by the American Lawyer. It also has a significant track record in the pro-bono legal advice sector.
A&L Goodbody has a reputation for leading the way in continuously developing its service to clients, and in the quality and professionalism of its internal business service teams, use of new processes, ways of working and technologies.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Claire Boland at email@example.com