Department: Business Development and Marketing team
Position type: Full-time
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy Business Development & Marketing team in a top tier professional services firm. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating, managing and driving a range of focused marketing communication and business development activities across the firm.
Based in Dublin, the position will report to the Head of Marketing and oversee and direct a team of four experienced marketing executives.
This is a senior position which will involve working closely with partners, senior staff and other members of the broader Business Development and Marketing team.
Role and responsibilities
Lead and coordinate the development and implementation of a wide range of marketing communication activities to support a diverse number of practice areas. This should include a particular and enhanced focus on digital marketing. The activities will include:
- Leading the digital marketing strategy which would include overseeing activity across website, social media, blogs, apps, intranet and e-marketing.
- Overseeing the content and quality of a range of marketing collateral for print, online and media purposes - thought leadership articles and commentary, website content, newsletters, brochures, credential documents and other promotional material.
- Managing key relationships with external legal trade publications / legal directories that evaluate and rank law firms.
- Responsibility for evaluating and coordinating advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
- Establishing and enhancing collaboration and relationships with industry associations and international networks.
- Briefing and liaising with external agencies such as digital, PR and advertising agencies, printers and photographers.
- Development and reporting of KPIs of marketing communication activities and results.
- Assisting in business development activities and supporting documentation – including bid/tender credential documents, preparation of market research and briefing notes, supporting the identification of new business opportunities and relationships.
- Overseeing the development of new Marketing software projects.
Skills, experience and characteristics required
- Marketing experience at a senior level in a corporate environment such as B2B, ideally within the professional or financial services industry
- Leadership and team management experience
- Recognised education and marketing qualification
- Proven digital and creative marketing experience
- Ability to listen, adapt, influence and gain the confidence of senior business leaders
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and follow through tasks/projects to completion within tight timeframes
- Flexible approach to work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail
- A team player who is highly motivated and driven
- Commercial and business acumen including analytical and business research skills
- Advanced skills in MS Office suite
A&L Goodbody is a leading Irish law firm. It has 6 international offices in Dublin, Belfast, London, New York, San Francisco, and Palo Alto. A total headcount of approximately 800 includes 97 partners. The strong international and domestic business community in Ireland forms a valuable part of the A&L Goodbody client base.
It is consistently ranked number one in the Irish market and also on a European level. Recent awards include Irish Law Firm of the Year (2018) – Chambers Europe; Independent Law Firm of the year (2017) – the American Lawyer; Ireland's most Innovative Law Firm (2016) – Financial Times. In 2015 A&L Goodbody was named European Law Firm of the Year by The Lawyer.
A&L Goodbody has a reputation for leading the way in continuously developing its service to clients and its profile in the market. In October 2017 the firm introduced a new visual brand identity which provides an exciting backdrop and opportunity in its marketing initiatives. For further information on this please click here.
For further information please contact Evelyn Moran HR