Senior Application Support Engineer
The legal industry is currently in the midst of a transformation. From Artificial Intelligence to Blockchain, advances in technology alongside business model innovations are altering the traditional world of legal services.
The IT infrastructure landscape in corporate IT departments is rapidly changing. The delivery of IT applications through Cloud services will become more significant in ALG over the coming years and this will lead to the requirement for adaptive and changing skillsets. Information security will be a key area for consideration in the application procurement and support processes. ALG has recently achieved ISO27001 full-scope certification. Increased globalisation and 24 x 7 client support requirements is driving the demand to provide ALG staff with access to core IT applications from any location through a wide range of end user devices.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Application Support Engineer to join our IT Development/Applications Support team.
The focus of the role will be supporting existing and future IT applications relating to the Finance, Risk and Business Development.
Existing applications include: Aderant Expert PMS, Core Payroll, Chromeriver Expenses and Concep E-Marketing.
Applications road-mapped for implementation over the next 12 months include CRM, IntOpen (Matter Inception) and new Talent platform.
The majority of IT applications used by the Firm are off-the-shelf products which are implemented and customised by specialist third party providers. These will include both on-premise and Cloud implementations.
The person suited for this position must be an excellent communicator, a self-starter and looking for a challenging position with varied technical responsibilities.
He/She will be expected to be proactive in building a network of contacts in other professional services organisations and keeping up to speed with systems being used in the worldwide legal industry.
Key aspects of the role and responsibilities
With regard to the various applications referenced above, the Senior Application Support Engineer will have the following key responsibilities:
- Support, maintenance, change management, capacity management and system performance
- Leading the input into the roadmap for continuous improvement and upgrades
- Manage and deliver projects in respect of upgrades, maintenance, capacity management, system performance and measurement, in conjunction with relevant vendors and consultants where appropriate
- To be the technical lead on IntOpen, CRM and Talent Management platform implementations. Co-ordinate with 3rd party consultancies to ensure technical work is being delivered at a high level and work closely with ALG PMO to ensure projects are delivered as planned
- To contribute to the road-map for continuous improvement, innovation, evolution, and suitable replacement when/where necessary, of the systems
- To maintain technical documentation, follow best practice system change management procedures and application Disaster Recovery testing in line with ISO27001 requirements
- Active engagement with HelpDesk function regarding HelpDesk calls relating to core applications and application support upskilling
Candidate Profile - General background and experience
Essential Technical Skills
- Experience in supporting Finance or Practice Management Systems (Aderant Expert, Elite/Elite 3e, SAP or other PMS)
- SQL DBA, SQL Report Writing and SSRS
- Technical methods to support integration and import/export of data between on-premise and Cloud applications
- Data Analytic Toolsets – Microsoft BI and Tableau
- Sharepoint 2016/365
- MS Office 2010/2016
- MS Azure/ADFS/Cloud Application Authentication methods
- Project Management
Knowledge of: Virtual Infrastructures, Information Security basics in particular relating to software/secure development and Cloud services, MDM basics and Mobile related technologies
For further information please contact, Claire Boland, HR.