Senior Bids Specialist
Department - Business Development and Marketing team
Position type - Full-time
This is a strategically important position with responsibility for the writing and management of bid and pitch documents to drive new business generation. The role will manage the production of these documents to the highest international standard, across a broad range of legal practice areas and industry sectors for the domestic and international market.
The person will work closely with individual partners responsible for each bid and under the overall direction of the Head of Marketing. Supported by a Bids Executive, the individual will be part of and work closely with other members of the Business Development and Marketing team (BD&M).
Role and responsibilities
- Document production including developing and writing content, drafting documents and key messages
- Project manage the document production and submission process
- Engaging with a range of Partners, the BD&M team and other areas throughout the Firm to obtain the information required
- Identifying, tracking and coordinating opportunities to pitch for work
- Oversee the Bids IT infrastructure information systems, software and processes
- Upkeep of management information and tracking of bids on a continuous basis
Skills, experience and characteristics required
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Project management and organisation skills
- IT Skills – e.g. MS Office suite, Sharepoint and Visio
- Ability to effectively engage with and influence diverse teams of senior individuals
- Ability to work to deadlines, manage multiple projects and deliver under pressure to a high standard
- Knowledge and understanding of the provision of professional services ideally corporate legal services
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work within a fast paced, demanding and pressurised environment
- Flexible and hardworking approach
- Ability to work on own initiative, is proactive and committed to assignment completion
A&L Goodbody is a leading Irish law firm. It has 6 international offices in Dublin, Belfast, London, New York, San Francisco, and Palo Alto. There are currently 97 partners between Europe and the US with over 800 employees. The strong international and domestic business community in Ireland forms a valuable part of the A&L Goodbody client base.
It is consistently ranked number one in the Irish market and also on a European level. Recent awards include Irish Law Firm of the Year (2018) – Chambers Europe; Independent Law Firm of the year (2017) – the American Lawyer; Ireland's most Innovative Law Firm (2016) – Financial Times.
A&L Goodbody has a reputation for leading the way in continuously developing its service to clients and internally to its business. This is delivered through the use of new processes, ways of working and technologies and marketing leading business service teams.
For further information please contact Grace Maguire HR Lead