Senior Project Manager
A&L Goodbody is looking to recruit a Project Manager (PM) to provide project management skills and expertise across a number of key strategic internal A&L Goodbody (ALG) projects. This will be a full time position. It will involve the provision of professional project management disciplines, methods, tools and governance to deliver projects efficiently and effectively.
The individual will manage a small number of business strategy and IT projects at a detailed level. The role will provide the right individual with good opportunities to grow and develop this function.
Working closely on a day to day basis with Partners and senior business service professionals, the role will ultimately report to the Director of Strategy.
ALG already has a long established Legal Project Management team of over 25 professionals who work primarily on large external client mandates. This new project manager will be located with and work alongside these professionals.
Role and responsibilities
- Project management of a number of key priority projects including the successful planning, organisation, control and coordination of business change initiatives across the firm.
- Working to an ALG project management methodology, ensuring best practice standards and prioritisation of internal projects is maintained across the project portfolio.
- Proactive key point of contact for project stakeholders and the management team.
- Track deliverables against plan, maintain consistent and up to date engagement with all project team members to ensure progress is aligned and risks/issues are addressed promptly and appropriately.
- Work closely with and in collaboration with project workstream leads and as necessary external suppliers, to identify and close any gaps. Monitor and escalate any issues to the relevant partner/director and adjust plans accordingly
- Weekly / fortnightly summary status and dashboard reporting on overall project portfolio to senior leadership teams
- Help further develop a basis for encouraging continuous improvement in PM best practice and governance that enhances the ALG project management methodology and approach.
Skills, experience and characteristics required
- c.10 years PM experience working in a similar role, delivering projects and working to recognised PM standards.
- Advanced experience and knowledge of project management processes, technologies and techniques.
- A recognised project management qualification
- In depth knowledge of risk, issue, assumption and dependency management to ensure close & consistent governance of all projects.
- Experience of working in a Professional or a Financial Services environment preferred.
- A hands-on approach to project management and interest in getting involved in the detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative, on multiple projects often with tight deadlines
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and highly organised.
- Experience of working with various teams, building relationships and working collaboratively, and influencing senior stakeholders across the firm.
A&L Goodbody is a leading Irish law firm. It has 6 international offices in Dublin, Belfast, London, New York, San Francisco, and Palo Alto. There are currently 95 partners and over 800 employees. The strong international and domestic business community in Ireland forms a valuable part of the A&L Goodbody client base.
It is consistently ranked number one in the Irish market and also on a European level. A sample of recent notable awards include Irish Law Firm of the Year (2018) by Chambers Europe; European Law Firm of the Year (2015) by The Lawyer; Ireland's most Innovative Law Firm (2016) by the Financial Times and Independent Law Firm of the year (2017) by the American Lawyer. It also has a significant track record in the pro-bono legal advice sector.
A&L Goodbody has a reputation for leading the way in continuously developing its service to client, and in the quality and professionalism of its internal business service teams, use of new processes, ways of working and technologies.
This new role will provide an exciting opportunity for an experienced project manager to play an important role in the development of a PM function with a particular focus on IT, client facing and business strategic projects.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Evelyn Moran, HR.