Client Technology Lawyers
A&L Goodbody are looking for ambitious, enthusiastic and driven lawyers to join our Client Technology team.
If you are passionate about transforming legal service delivery, enjoy creative problem solving and wish to operate at the cutting edge of law and technology then this role will be of interest to you.
Reporting into our Client Technology Partner, Charlie Carroll, you will play a key role in our mission to proactively exploit technology for the benefit of our clients and for the efficiency of our business.
- The minimum PQE level for this role is 3+.
- Enthusiasm, an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to think differently are more important than PQE.
Roles and responsibilities
- Work with partners across our business to identify, configure, customise and develop technological strategies to improve efficiency and client service delivery
- Become a subject matter expert in the key products and solutions that form part of our Client Technology toolkit and play a key role in test/proof of concept programmes; product roadmaps; and product lifecycles in line with our established methodologies
- Continuously assess the market for legal technology products and capture feedback on new/existing products
- Through presentations, demos or in "1 on 1s" act as the voice of the Client Technology team to the firm as a whole (and to our clients) to promote the use of our Client Technology toolkit
- Work with our project delivery teams including business analysts; project managers and solution administrators in the day to day delivery of; continuous improvement to; and maintenance of our Client Technology toolkit
- Work directly on client matters with our lawyers on specific products/solutions where required
- Contribute to marketing materials, our intranet and RFP responses, demonstrating our competitive advantage in delivering client services through the use of our Client Technology toolkit
Skills, experience and characteristics required
- Enthusiasm and the desire to work in an entrepreneurial way within a professional services environment
- We value people who demonstrate a keen willingness to learn and ability to adapt in this rapidly evolving environment, and therefore strong technological skills are not a pre-requisite
- Excellent leadership and communication skills: problem solving, decision making and the ability to clearly articulate and explain Client Technology solutions to senior leaders in the Firm in non-technical terms
- Experience of working in a top tier firm in Ireland or international law firm abroad
- Ability to plan, manage, drive and deliver projects