Company Secretary - Head of Department
Ireland's most innovative law firm is seeking a Head of Department to manage, lead and develop the firm's company secretarial department.
The department comprises of 14 professionals and provides a broad range of legal, advisory and company secretarial services to corporate clients, both domestic and international.
The ideal individual will be ICSA qualified, have previous experience working within a high-profile company secretarial role and will display a strong ability to manage a large multi-disciplinary team. Candidates with legal qualifications and experience in corporate law who would like to expand their career as a Head of Department in a corporate governance environment will also be considered for this role.
Role and responsibilities
- Managing the daily delivery of company secretarial services and corporate governance advices to our high profile corporate clients
- Developing and managing new and existing client relationships
- Recruiting, training, supervising and appraising department staff
- Implementing protocols and standard operating procedures for client management
- Developing initiatives to continually improve the performance of the department
- Engaging with the firm's partners and staff across all practice areas
- Controlling finance and budgeting for the department
- Overseeing new and innovative company secretarial technologies and software systems
- Designing a programme of educational workshops for department staff to ensure continuous learning
- Responsibility for a select client portfolio to include attendance at board meetings and minute taking
Skills, experience and characteristics required
- Be an active communicator within and outside the firm so as to continue to build the profile of the department and generate new instructions
- Experience of leading, managing and developing a team and fostering continued personal development
- Excellent knowledge of the Companies Acts and corporate governance matters generally
- Excellent communication, organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong academic leadership skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple projects