Construction Solicitor – Litigation & Dispute Resolution
A&L Goodbody offers you the opportunity to advance your career and develop your expertise. We provide a supportive environment which encourages our people to achieve their ambitions.
A&L Goodbody's Construction team works on Ireland's largest and most complex construction projects. Whether advising on project structures and documentation, mid-stream issues or dispute resolution, we are known for overcoming legal, technical and commercial hurdles. Our unrivalled team has acted as lead advisor on some of the most significant, challenging and complex assignments in Northern Ireland over the course of the last ten years.
We have an opportunity for a recently qualified solicitor to join our expanding Belfast construction team.
The appointed construction solicitor will support on a varied caseload of contentious and non-contentious construction matters.
Our services include:
- drafting and negotiating bespoke documentation for construction and engineering projects;
- advising on all of the standard forms of contract used in Northern Ireland including the JCT and NEC3 suites; and
- resolving disputes successfully by early advice and through mediation, adjudication, arbitration and litigation.
If you are interested in the above role or require any further information please contact Jill Michael, HR Lead.
8 June 2018
Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1+ years relevant PQE (England or NI) within a large or medium corporate law firm.
- Experience of drafting and negotiating building contracts, appointments, bonds and collateral warranties.
- A good working knowledge of the JCT and NEC3/NEC4 suites of contracts.
- Experience of representing clients in adjudication, arbitration and/or litigation.