Data Protection Legal Executive
The Commercial Technology team are looking for a Legal Executive to provide assistance to solicitors in the delivery of legal services in relation to GDPR and Data Protection.
The Legal Executive will perform work which requires legal knowledge, creativity in problem solving and independent judgement. Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience in Data Protection however we are open to candidates who have a legal qualification/background with a strong interest in Data Protection and GDPR.
- Legal qualification (degree or diploma)
- CIPP/E or IBITGQ GDPR certification preferred
- Previous experience in a legal environment or commensurate experience
- Computer literate with strong word processing skills and experience with document management systems.
Role and Responsibilities
- Executing GDPR compliance and DPO support work required by clients including GDPR compliance activities, data protection impact assessments, data mapping services to aid in addressing risk management issues that comply with GDPR requirements
- Developing consent and privacy notices, managing data subject access requests, guiding clients through personal data breaches
- Writing briefs for clients on above topic areas
- Contributing to internal GDPR-related projects, to ensure organisational compliance with all processes and procedures, including internal training of senior staff, interfacing with Data Protection
- Authorities, and responding to all requests for information
- Maintaining data protection governance documentation such as records or processing
Skills, experience and characteristics required
- Creative, flexible and with a business orientated outlook
- Thorough working knowledge of Irish and EU data protection legislation (including GDPR)
- Knowledge of data protection, data privacy, information security and/or risk management principles and practice
- Ability to analyse legislative requirements and relate these to organisational practices and solutions
- Awareness of information systems and databases to determine how processes need to be developed
- A proven track record of leading projects to successful completion
- High degree of initiative and creativity used in problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and good follow through