e-Discovery Technical Specialist
ALG is recruiting an e-Discovery Technical Specialist in its Data Projects Group, which sits within our litigation and dispute resolution department. DPG is a key component of ALG's strategy to ensuring we lead the Irish market in how we solve our client's legal challenges in an increasing digital world.
The successful applicant will become part of the Technology Team within DPG and will be responsible for the implementation of RelativityOne on a variety of projects, whilst adhering and embedding industry leading practices and procedures into every step of the technology and our standard workflows.
The successful applicant will be also be responsible for developing and optimising best practices within DPG. The successful applicant will also be responsible for advising case teams and clients on the methodology for forensic collection of data, and provide guidance and technical support for data identification, preservation and collection.
The successful applicant will assist in leading efforts ensuring that ALG build on its market leading legal analysis to include market leading digital analysis in the eDiscovery field.
The applicant's primary responsibilities within the DPG will be developing and supporting our eDiscovery and investigation service offering. In the future there will be significant scope to diversify and assist:
- other parts of the firm delivering technology based enhancements to the business;
- with the development of new client technology projects, whether product or use case based;
- legal teams to develop and deliver multi-disciplinary projects; and
- with re-imagining and re-inventing how we deliver certain legal services.
- Third level honours degree or professional qualification in relevant discipline.
- Highly proficient in navigating digital systems and files, forensic skills in data capture and extraction a must.
- Experience navigating large volumes of unstructured data from various sources
- Experience with forensics tools for extraction and collection of data (EnCase, FTK, Cellebrite, Nuix)
- Detailed knowledge of Relativity, certifications in respect of same a plus.
- Excellent technical knowledge of the EDRM best practices and procedures
- Knowledge and experience of best practices in how to leverage data analytics to deliver efficiencies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assisting the legal team and lawyers with identification and capture of data in a forensically sound manner.
- Assisting case teams leveraging our technology stack to deliver best in practice digital analysis.
- Development of repeatable, legally defensible workflows for technology initiatives to increase work efficiencies.
- Devising and implementing protocols within the EDRM to ensure the delivery of best practices.
- Identification of additional RelativityOne applications that ALG should on-board to deliver efficiencies to the firm and our clients.
- Preparing and delivering business cases for the expansion of DPG's core services to include the investment in new technology, the delivery of new services, and the delivery of more efficiency for the firm and our clients.
- Assisting ALG's client technology team with the design and roll out of additional legal technology projects across the firm.
Skills and Experience
- Experience with SQL databases and scripting
- Experience with data visualisation and/or data analytics
- Software development skills or experience (C# or Java in particular)