e-Discovery Technical Specialist
ALG is recruiting the above role on its Data Projects Group, which sits within our litigation and dispute resolution department. The DPG is a key component of ALG's strategy to ensuring we lead the Irish market in how we solve our client's legal challenges in an increasing digital world.
The successful applicant will be centrally responsible for driving ALG's roll out RelativityOne as a platform to our clients. A successful applicant will be primarily responsible for developing and embedding industry leading practices and procedures into every step of that product roll out and our proposed workflows.
Once RelativityOne is embedded, the successful applicant will be primarily responsible for assisting case teams optimising workflows within RelativityOne and ensuring that ALG build on its market leading legal analysis to include market leading digital analysis in the eDiscovery field.
- The applicant's primary responsibilities within the DPG will be developing and supporting our eDiscovery and investigation service offering. In the future there will be significant scope to diversify and assist:
- other parts of the firm delivering technology based enhancements to the business;
- with the development of new client technology projects, whether product or use case based;
- legal teams to develop and deliver multi-disciplinary projects; and
- with re-imaging and re-inventing how we deliver certain legal services.
Role and responsibilities
- Assisting with the roll out and embedding of RelativityOne project within DPG.
- Assisting case teams leveraging our technology stack to deliver best in practice digital analysis.
- Development of repeatable, legally defensible workflows for technology initiatives to increase work efficiencies.
- Assisting the legal team and lawyers with identification and capture of data in a forensically sound manner.
- Devising and implementing protocols within the EDRM to ensure the delivery of best practices.
- Identification of additional RelativityOne applications that ALG should on-board to deliver efficiencies to the firm and our clients.
- Preparing and delivering business cases for the expansion of DPG's core services to include the investment in new technology, the delivery of new services, and the delivery of more efficiency for the firm and our clients.
- Assisting ALG's client technology team with the design and roll out of additional legal technology projects across the firm.
Skills and experience
- Third level honours degree or professional qualification in relevant discipline.
- Highly proficient in navigating digital systems and files, forensic skills in data capture and extraction a plus.
- Detailed knowledge of Relativity, certifications in respect of same a plus.
- Detailed knowledge best practices how to leverage data analytics, to deliver efficiencies.
- Experience navigating large volumes of unstructured data from various sources.
- Excellent technical knowledge of processing data and associated workflows.