EU, Competition and Procurement Lawyer
A&L Goodbody's EU, Competition & Procurement Group now has an opportunity for a hard-working and enthusiastic lawyer to join their team.
The Group is widely recognised by the leading law directories as the leader in its field in Ireland and has been ranked among the top competition law practices worldwide. We have an unequalled experience among Irish law firms in terms of involvement in the leading cases while being at the cutting-edge of thinking and publications by our team.
The team is as adept at dealing with small but important matters as they are with large and complex deals and work continuously with the private and public sector as well as national and international clients, and our partners are widely recognized as thought leaders and published authors in their fields.
The Group specialises in Merger control, Public Procurement, State Aid, Brexit, Pricing, Abuse of Dominance, Compliance, Dawn raids, Complaints, Cartels, Regulatory, EU Law, Food, Drink and Groceries Regulation and, Postal and Electronic Communications Law.
The successful applicant will be an integral part of our dynamic and market-leading team, reporting directly to the Head of EU, Competition and Procurement.
In addition to working with a market leading team we also offer:
- A competitive remuneration package
- Access to the firm’s marquee training and development programmes, delivered through the ALG School of Business and Law
- Discretionary sign-on bonus and/or relocation bonus
- Discretionary performance bonus
- Pension and health insurance contribution, clubs and subs contribution, marriage/civil partnership gratuity and leave, life insurance, complimentary conveyancing allowance and a subsidised restaurant and coffee shop
Role and responsibilities
Skills and experience
- A minimum of one years' post qualification experience in EU, competition and procurement law
- Hard-working, enthusiastic and dedicated team member
- Strong technical, legal and analytical skills
- Proficient drafting skill
- A keen interest in knowledge and continuous development
- Excellent communication skills in the context of both formal 'podium' and training presentations and the ability to sell ideas and initiatives to people
- Strong team player with the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels