Finance Assistant – Accounts payable
We are currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant within our Accounts Payable team.
The successful candidate will play an important role within the Finance team and have responsibility for effectively managing the payment of all trade suppliers and online employee expenses in addition to other duties.
The ideal candidate will have a strong customer service focus, excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work within a team.
Role and responsibilities
- Checking and processing of all supplier invoices
- Checking and processing of all electronically submitted employee expenses
- Payment of all suppliers by cheque or bank transfer
- Preparation of supplier account reconciliations
- Overall management of supplier accounts
- Provide cover for other roles within the finance team when necessary
- Ad hoc administration as required
Skills, experience and characteristics
- Good numerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team
- Strong PC application skills
- Well-developed organisational and administration skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Effective time management skills
- Previous experience in a accounts payable preferable