Finance Assistant – Fixed Term Contract
We are currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant to cover a maternity leave for our Belfast Finance Department.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a bright individual who is ambitious and recognises the opportunity to gain experience in a top tier Corporate Law firm.
This will be a temporary assignment commencing August for approximately 9-10 months. Whilst this role is fixed term there may be a possibility of a permanent placement depending on resourcing requirements at the time.
Working hours are 9am – 5pm, 35 hrs per week but with the demands of a busy law firm there will be a requirement to be flexible with working hours.
Role and responsibilities
- Accounts Payable – maintaining purchase ledger including invoice entry and payment
- Processing and payment of employee expenses
- Data Entry – adding various disbursements to matters
- Communicating with Fee Earners and colleagues re account enquiries
- Provide assistance to Finance Department as required
- Ad hoc administration: filing, bank lodgements, cheque dispatch, photocopying etc.
- Administering Payments Received
Skills and experience
- Excellent numerical skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team
- Strong PC application skills
- Well-developed organisational and administration skills
- Effective time management skills
- Previous experience in a busy finance department essential