We are looking for an experienced qualified solicitor to join our expanding market leading Belfast restructuring and insolvency / financial services litigation team.
Our unrivalled team has acted as lead advisor on the most high profile, high value and challenging restructurings over the course of the last ten years. It also has a rapidly expanding litigation practice in the financial services arena acting for all of the major local and national Banks.
The department deals with all aspects of personal and corporate insolvency law including:
- Consensual restructuring and reorganisations.
- Advising insolvency practitioners in relation to the appointment process and pre-appointment planning.
- Dealing with procedural court applications before the Bankruptcy and Chancery Masters.
- Advising lenders on enforcement strategies to include the appointment of fixed charge receivers and applications for possession.
- Contentious and non-contentious insolvency work.
- Cross-border insolvencies.
- Acting for lenders in relation to loan sales and settlements.
- All matters arising out of the Accountancy and Financial Services Industry particularly in the contentious sphere.
- Acting for non-traditional lenders in relation to projects involving the work out of volume enforcement instructions using case management software.
Skills and experience
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 - 4 years relevant PQE within a large or medium corporate law firm. Insolvency experience is desired but not essential and candidates with commercial litigation/banking experience will be considered.
- Experience using case management software in dealing with high volume work would be advantageous.