IT Service Desk Senior Analyst
A&L Goodbody is looking to recruit an IT Service Desk Senior Analyst to join our growing IT Department.
This position reports to the IT Service Desk Manager and provides day-to-day Service Desk support (2nd line duties) to all A&L Goodbody staff.
The Senior Analyst role is the escalation point within the IT Service Desk and is responsible for dealing with the more complex issues reported to the IT Service Desk.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide an escalation point for incidents that cannot be resolved by the 1st Line Service Desk Analysts.
- Will liaise with/escalate issues to other teams within IT teams or 3rd Party providers where appropriate
- Act as the first point of escalation for the IT Service Desk Analysts on all products and services supported by the IT Service Desk
- Manage the recording of escalated calls from the IT Service Desk Analysts to support analysis and upskilling programs
- Directly resolve all escalated calls or escalate to L3 where necessary
- Support good communication between IT Service Desk team and wider IT team regarding technical issues
- Create and update useful IT Service Desk guidance and procedure notes to support organic knowledge share
- Key involvement in the training and mentoring of new and existing IT Service Desk staff
- Provide onsite support between 8.30am -18.00 as part of a rota, and to be part of an out of hours support rota
- Provide additional cover to 1st Line analysts when required to ensure that the Service Desk KPIs are met
- Take ownership of incidents and requests throughout their lifecycle and track Incidents and requests to conclusion in line with SLAs and quality standards
- Contribute to the delivery of quality support ensuring that nothing gets overlooked, customers are kept informed of progress and complaints/escalations are kept to a minimum
- Keep up-to-date on service delivery sector trends, developments and the associated opportunities and contribute to the development of plans to exploit those trends to improve the IT service delivery to the firm
Skills and experience
- Certification or diploma in IT or related subject
- Knowledge of working within an ITIL environment
- Experience in a Managed Service Provider or legal firm beneficial
- Familiarity with an ITSM tool essential
- Experience working with Windows 10, Active Directory, MS Office suite, MS Exchange, VPN technologies, Skype for Business, Zoom, Teams, experience of legal specific software would be an advantage – iManage, Bighand, Comparedocs
- Ability to work in a challenging environment with changing priorities/deadlines
- Experience of adhering to and achieving/exceeding SLA’s
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong problem solving skills
- Analytical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums i.e. telephone, email, IM and in-person
- Strong customer service focus
- Evidence of teamwork/strong team player