Junior Knowledge Lawyer – Finance
Knowledge and technical expertise is a core and fundamental part of A&L Goodbodys Finance practice. It is a strategic objective of this department to become a market leader in this area.
We wish to appoint a Junior Knowledge lawyer who will be able to work with the Senior Knowledge Lawyer, the Knowledge Partner and the other Finance partners to grow and develop the Knowledge function. The Knowledge fuction isa strategic part of our Finance offering which is a key differentiator between ALG and its competitors.
The successful candidate will (i) have an excellent understanding of Finance practice, (ii) work with the Head, the other Finance partners, the Senior Knowledge Lawyer and the Knowledge partner to develop and implement the firms Knowledge strategy which is aligned with and supports the talent and client strategic objectives of the department and the firm and (iii) want to assist with the growth and development of the strategic role and importance of the Knowledge function within the department.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ascertain and monitor the knowledge needs and priorities of the department and set semi-annual/annual objectives within the context of the Department's 3 year strategic Know How plan
- Assist with and provide oversight of the development of precedents and training in the Departments four key Practice Groups: General Banking, Structured Finance, Aviation Finance and Projects and Energy
- Keep up-to-date with current trends in the areas of Finance and Banking Law and understand their practical application
- Working with the Senior Knowledge Lawyer to assist on key Know How objectives and projects at a Firm level
- Assist the Senior Knowledge Lawyer with the Finance workshop agenda and topics
- Work with the Senior Knowledge Lawyer and the "Knowledge champions" to assist with client ezines on relevant topics
- Facilitate and manage the collection of Know How information post-key transactions
- Help to develop initiatives to drive technical excellence and the harvesting of valuable Know How
- Assist with the use of technology to drive technical excellence and efficiencies
- Ensure Know How is kept high on the agenda of team meetings
- In order to maintain skill set, there will be a requirement to act on appropriate transactions from time to time
Technical and Personal Skills
- Technically strong lawyer with a keen interest in Knowledge and continuous development
- Excellent interpersonal skills with confidence to deal with all levels of staff
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly (written and verbal)
- Meticulous in consistently producing quality work
- Leverages available resources
- Seeks feedback and takes action to improve own performance
- Forward thinking and open to new ideas in relation to Knowledge