Financial Regulatory Knowledge Lawyer
The successful applicant will be an integral part of our dynamic and market-leading Financial Regulatory practice group. The role will directly report to the Head of Financial Regulatory and the Knowledge Partner.
Role and responsibilities
- To keep fee earners in the Financial Regulatory group up to speed on legal and regulatory developments, including pipeline developments
- To capture and disseminate relevant legal knowledge so as to ensure that the collective expertise and knowledge of the group is understood and shared
- To assist Financial Regulatory fee earners (and clients where appropriate) in respect of technical and/or practical legal issues raised by clients, and to assist in the development of position papers, toolkits and other legal know how.
- To take responsibility for the development and production of new precedents (to a standard that is partner sign-off level) and the maintenance generally of Financial Regulatory precedents.
- To play a significant role in aligning Financial Regulatory knowledge with other departments as appropriate.
- To develop appropriate knowledge tools for the Financial Regulatory team that are aligned with and informed by the business needs of the team and its client base.
- To develop and promote the expertise of our financial regulatory team in the market, including presenting to, and engaging directly with clients and at industry events as appropriate.
- Participation in other knowledge management initiatives and projects, as appropriate and providing assistance to the knowledge partner and other knowledge lawyers regarding specific Know How or Knowledge Management initiatives.
- To work and collaborate with the Knowledge Partner and Knowledge Lawyers and broader Knowledge team so as to ensure that we are getting sufficient leverage from the experience and learnings across the Knowledge team.
- Input and participation in internal and external training initiatives.
- To play a proactive role in bringing knowledge BD ideas to the Financial Regulatory partner group and to collaborate with the partners in implementing these ideas.
- To collaborate with the client tech team and (data team), as appropriate, so as to ensure that the practice group is on top of relevant emerging technologies which might support the delivery of Financial Regulatory knowledge and legal services
Skills and experience
- Strong technical, legal and analytical skills
- Proficient drafting skills
- Excellent communication skills in the context of both formal 'podium' and training presentations and the ability to sell ideas and initiatives to people
- A keen interest in knowledge and continuous development