Associate - Aviation
A&L Goodbody is one of Ireland's leading corporate law firms. Comprising A&L Goodbody LLP and related partnerships, we have 107 partners and over 800 people.
The team is the largest Aviation Finance team in Ireland and ranked 'Band 1' by all relevant guides. The Aviation Finance team is part of the firm's banking department which sits at the top of the Irish domestic banking market, with our advice on international finance regarded as "being the best in class" by numerous commentators and co advisors.
Aviation finance experience is essential and candidates must be able to demonstrate good experience in acting on behalf of banks and borrowers and a proven ability to manage transactions as part of their training contract.
This firm's Aviation Group is acknowledged as a leader in the Irish market and advises banks, airlines, leasing companies, manufacturers, export credit agencies, funds, arrangers and lenders on a number of domestic and cross-border transportation, asset finance, including securitisations of aircraft lease portfolios and the establishment of aircraft leasing and joint venture companies in Ireland.
Skills and experience
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-4 years relevant PQE within the aviation finance group of a large or medium corporate law firm
- Strong academics
- Excellent technical and drafting skills coupled with a good eye for detail
- A track record of excellence in client service
- A high level of commercial awareness
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- A proven ability to manage multiple priorities and ensure that deadlines are consistently met
- An ability to be collegial, work as part of a team and show a high level of initiative
- A strong work ethic, a flexible approach to work and the willingness and resilience to work in a fast-paced environment