Company Secretary - Asset Mgt. & Investment Funds
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Company Secretarial professional looking for the next step in their career with A&L Goodbody LLP. The role will work within the Asset Management & Investment Funds team and offer the successful candidate an exciting role on a high achieving team that comes with variety and responsibility.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Managing a large portfolio of top tier clients
- Advising clients in relation to their statutory compliance obligations
- Preparing annual returns and other statutory forms
- Advising on and preparing documentation in relation to change of name, change of articles, transfer of shares, amendment to share capital etc.
- Creation and maintenance of Registers of Beneficial Ownership
- Maintaining statutory registers, including company secretarial database
- Drafting minutes for board meetings and AGMs/EGMs
- Attendance at board meetings and taking minutes
- Dealing with daily queries and requests from clients, auditors and solicitors
- Responsibility for billing clients and for debt collection
- Arranging for notarisation and apostilling of documents
Skills, experience and characteristics required
- A strong communicator with demonstrated ability to work as part of a successful team
- ICSA qualified with a minimum of 1+ years post-qualification experience
- Good knowledge of Irish company law and familiarity with the Companies Act 2014
- Strong corporate secretarial technical knowledge
- Excellent minute taking skills
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with company secretarial software
- Capability to work on own initiative with excellent time management skills and ability to manage a busy workload
A&L Goodbody (ALG) is a leading Irish law firm. It has 6 international offices in Dublin, Belfast, London, New York, San Francisco, and Palo Alto. There are currently 115 partners and over 900 employees. The strong international and domestic business community in Ireland forms a valuable part of the A&L Goodbody client base
We are incredibly proud that A&L Goodbody has been ranked as a 'Top Tier' firm in The Legal 500 EMEA Guide for 2023. The firm is consistently ranked number one in the Irish market and on a European level. A sample of other recent notable awards include: listed as one of Ireland's top 25 best places to work according to LinkedIn's Top Companies list for 2022; Irish Law Firm of the Year (2022) by Chambers Europe; Irish Law Firm of the Year (2021) by Who's Who Legal; Most Popular Graduate Recruiter in Law (2023) by GradIreland; Rank 1 in 19 practice areas (2023) by Chambers & Partners; Tier 1 in 24 practice areas (2023) by The Legal 500; Tier 1 in all 11 practice areas (2022) by IFLR; Outstanding Firm for Pro Bono (2021) by Chambers Europe; and Diversity & Inclusion Firm of the Year (2021) by EMEA Tax Awards.
A&L Goodbody has a reputation for leading the way in continuously developing its service to clients and internally to its business. This is delivered through the use of new processes, ways of working and technologies and marketing-leading business service teams.
For further information please visit https://www.algoodbody.com/careers