Knowledge Lawyer - Litigation
The successful applicant will be an integral part of our dynamic and market-leading Litigation and Dispute Resolution (LDR) practice group. The role will directly report to the Head of LDR and the Knowledge Partner.
- 5 day week is the preferred model with some level of flexibility on this point – please liaise directly with Talent Manager (details below) for detail.
- Competitive remuneration package available
Key duties and responsibilities
- To assist LDR fee earners (and clients where appropriate) in respect of technical and/or practical legal issues raised by clients, and to assist in the development of position papers, toolkits and other legal know how.
- To play a significant role in exploiting the business development opportunities presented by LDR knowledge, and, in particular, to focus on developing a strong client-facing knowledge lawyer role through seminars, publications and client training
- Supporting Knowledge Plus, our online client knowledge resource
- To take responsibility for the development and production of new precedents (to a standard that is partner sign-off level) and the maintenance generally of LDR precedents.
- To play a proactive role in bringing knowledge BD ideas to the LDR partner group and to collaborate with the LDR partners in implementing these ideas.
- To capture and disseminate relevant legal knowledge so as to ensure that the collective expertise and knowledge of the group is understood and shared
- To develop appropriate knowledge tools for the LDR team that are aligned with and informed by the business needs of the team and its client base.
- To play a significant role in aligning LDR knowledge with other departments, and in particular, Corporate, as appropriate
- To collaborate with the client tech team and (data team), as appropriate, so as to ensure that LDR is on top of relevant emerging technologies which might support the delivery of LDR knowledge and legal services more generally
- Participation in other knowledge management initiatives and projects, as appropriate and providing assistance to the knowledge partner and other knowledge lawyers regarding specific Know How or Knowledge Management initiatives
- To work and collaborate with the Knowledge Partner and Knowledge Lawyers and broader Knowledge team so as to ensure that we are getting sufficient leverage from the experience and learnings across the Knowledge team
- Input and participation in internal and external training initiatives
- To develop and promote the expertise of our LDR team in the market including presenting to, and engaging directly with clients and at industry events as appropriate
The successful candidate will be ideally an experienced Litigation Lawyer with;
- Strong technical, legal and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills in the context of both formal 'podium' and training presentations and the ability to sell ideas and initiatives to people
- A keen interest in knowledge and continuous development.