Knowledge Lawyer - Commercial & Technology
The Commercial & Technology Practice Group is recruiting for a Knowledge Lawyer with 4+ years PQE on hybrid basis.
The successful applicant will work closely with the group's partners, the Knowledge partner and the Knowledge team to maintain and update the group's current awareness and know-how resources, develop relevant training programmes for fee-earners and assist with the group's client knowledge function.
The Commercial & Technology Group at A&L Goodbody is a team of dedicated intellectual property and technology specialists with a depth of expertise across all industry sectors. Combining lawyers experienced in contentious and non-contentious fields, we offer a complete legal service across the broad spectrum of matters which arise – Intellectual Property, Technology, Commercial Contracts and Privacy & Data Security.
- To work with the Knowledge partner and fee-earners on appropriate knowledge management initiatives as they arise, for example, the capture of tacit knowledge in significant Commercial Technology transactions
- To assist fee earners (and clients where appropriate) in respect of technical and/or practical legal issues raised by clients, and to assist in the development of position papers, toolkits and other legal know how
- To take responsibility for the development and production of new precedents (to a standard that is partner sign-off level) and the maintenance generally of precedents
- To play a significant role in exploiting the business development opportunities presented by knowledge
- To focus on developing a strong client-facing knowledge lawyer role through seminars, publications and client training and supporting Knowledge Plus, our online client knowledge resource
- To play a proactive role in bringing knowledge BD ideas to the Commercial & Technology partner group and to collaborate with the Commercial & Technology partners in implementing these ideas
- To capture and disseminate relevant legal knowledge so as to ensure that the collective expertise and knowledge of the group is understood and shared
- To develop appropriate knowledge tools for the Commercial & Technology team that are aligned with and informed by the business needs of the team and its client base
- To play a significant role in aligning Commercial & Technology knowledge with other departments, as appropriate
- To collaborate with the client tech team and (data team), as appropriate, so as to ensure that Commercial Technology is on top of relevant emerging technologies which might support the delivery of Commercial Technology knowledge and legal services
- To participate in other knowledge management initiatives and projects, as appropriate and providing assistance to the knowledge partner and other knowledge lawyers regarding specific Know How or Knowledge Management initiatives
- To work with the Knowledge partner and fee-earners on appropriate knowledge management initiatives as they arise, for example, the capture of tacit knowledge in significant Commercial & Technology
- To provide input and participate internal and external training initiatives
- To develop and promote the expertise of our Commercial Technology team in the market including presenting to, and engaging directly with clients and at industry events as appropriate
- Qualified solicitor/lawyer with ideally 4+ years of post-qualification within Commercial & Technology
- Strong academic background
- Keen interest in legal knowledge, learning and development
- Commercial focus and business acumen
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to present at client seminars, conferences and workshops
- IT literacy and an interest in leveraging technology to improve knowledge offering
- Ability to think creatively and strategically and to drive innovation and change
- Ability to establish credibility with, effectively engage with and influence diverse teams of senior individuals
- Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a dynamic, intellectually rigorous environment
- At A&L we pride ourselves on the high calibre of our employees. We place strong emphasis on career development and enabling our people to excel in their careers. Our work environment is friendly, professional and collaborative. As well as working for a market leading Law Firm we offer:
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Pension and health insurance contribution, clubs and subs contribution, marriage/civil partnership gratuity and leave, life assurance, complimentary conveyancing allowance and a subsidised restaurant and coffee shop.
- Access to the firms marquee training and development programmes, delivered through the ALG School of Business Law.