This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy Business Development & Marketing team in a top tier professional services firm. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating, managing and driving a range of focused marketing communication and business development activities across the firm.
Based in Dublin, the position will report to the Head of Marketing and oversee and direct a team of four experienced marketing executives.
This is a senior position which will involve working closely with partners, senior staff and other members of the broader Business Development and Marketing team.
A&L Goodbody is a leading Irish law firm. It has 6 international offices in Dublin, Belfast, London, New York, San Francisco, and Palo Alto. A total headcount of approximately 800 includes 97 partners. The strong international and domestic business community in Ireland forms a valuable part of the A&L Goodbody client base.
It is consistently ranked number one in the Irish market and also on a European level. Recent awards include Irish Law Firm of the Year (2018) – Chambers Europe; Independent Law Firm of the year (2017) – the American Lawyer; Ireland's most Innovative Law Firm (2016) – Financial Times. In 2015 A&L Goodbody was named European Law Firm of the Year by The Lawyer.
A&L Goodbody has a reputation for leading the way in continuously developing its service to clients and its profile in the market. In October 2017 the firm introduced a new visual brand identity which provides an exciting backdrop and opportunity in its marketing initiatives. For further information on this please click here.
Role and responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate the development and implementation of a wide range of marketing communication activities to support a diverse number of practice areas. This should include a particular and enhanced focus on digital marketing
- Leading the digital marketing strategy which would include overseeing activity across website, social media, blogs, apps, intranet and e-marketing
- Overseeing the content and quality of a range of marketing collateral for print, online and media purposes - thought leadership articles and commentary, website content, newsletters, brochures, credential documents and other promotional material
- Managing key relationships with external legal trade publications / legal directories that evaluate and rank law firms
- Responsibility for evaluating and coordinating advertising and sponsorship opportunities
- Establishing and enhancing collaboration and relationships with industry associations and international networks
- Briefing and liaising with external agencies such as digital, PR and advertising agencies, printers and photographers
- Development and reporting of KPIs of marketing communication activities and results
- Assisting in business development activities and supporting documentation – including bid/tender credential documents, preparation of market research and briefing notes, supporting the identification of new business opportunities and relationships
- Overseeing the development of new Marketing software projects
Skills, experience and characteristics required
- Marketing experience at a senior level in a corporate environment such as B2B, ideally within the professional or financial services industry
- Leadership and team management experience
- Recognised education and marketing qualification
- Proven digital and creative marketing experience
- Ability to listen, adapt, influence and gain the confidence of senior business leaders
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and follow through tasks/projects to completion within tight timeframes
- Flexible approach to work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail
- A team player who is highly motivated and driven
- Commercial and business acumen including analytical and business research skills
- Advanced skills in MS Office suite