PMO Project Manager
Reporting into the Project Management Office Manager, this newly created position provides the opportunity for a highly motivated and ambitious person to become part of an expanding Project Management Office in a leading Irish firm.
The role will involve in the provision of project management disciplines, administration and governance to deliver projects efficiently and effectively. A key focus of this role will be on meticulous project planning focusing on project scheduling and execution across a wide variety of projects both IT and business related. Another key focus of this role will be to ensure the firm's project delivery lifecycle is implemented including supporting project documentation. The role will provide the right individual with good opportunities to grow and develop in this function while working closely on a date to day basis with a wide variety of project stakeholders.
- 5 years PM experience working in a similar role, eliciting requirements and delivering projects and working to recognised PM standards
- A relevant IT and/or business qualification
- A recognised project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2)
Role and responsibilities
- Apply project management standards and best practices to ensure successful execution of portfolio projects on scope, on schedule and on budget.
- Concurrently manage multiple projects end-to-end using industry best practices methodologies (Waterfall & Agile). This role will suit a detail orientated individual.
- Work with the PMO to ensure best practice standards and project governance approaches are maintained across the project portfolio.
- Ensure organisational confidence in the projects being delivered by building strong stakeholder relationships.
- Identify inter-dependencies between resources, stakeholders and deliverables and ensure all risks are identified and mitigated.
- Prepare detailed project plans, resourcing needs, delivery milestones and success criteria for every project.
- Excellent time management, organisation and prioritisation abilities. Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure requirements are understood, signed off, and delivery priorities agreed prior to solution development.
- Track deliverables against project plans. Ensure that all project status reporting is completed and all risks/issues are identified, escalated and addressed appropriately.
- Support all phases of the projects testing cycle to ensure requirements have been delivered, success criteria has been achieved, and the solution being delivered is fit for purpose.
Skills and experience
- Project Management skills including financial management, planning, scheduling, reporting, resource management, communications, risk management, dependencies, scope, time quality and budget.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels from across the firm and to explain and justify project plans and approaches in clear non-technical language.
- Experience and knowledge of the leading project management methodologies including skills in business process analysis, requirements gathering and process mapping.
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations and respond favourably to change.
- Ability to cope with tight schedules in a calm and effective manner and manage the delivery of multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience of working on both large and small IT related projects and delivering business change.
- Experience in creating and updated project documentation including requirements gathering.
- In depth knowledge of risk, issue, assumption and dependency management to ensure close & consistent governance of all projects.
- Experience of working in project analysis within a professions services / corporate environment.
- Familiarity with working in a Project or Programme Management Office preferable.