Senior Corporate & M&A Knowledge Lawyer
A&L Goodbody is the leading Corporate & M&A practice in Ireland. In each of the last six years we have advised on more M&A deals in Ireland than any other law firm as well as advising on the most significant share of Equity Capital Markets transactions. Our Dublin and Belfast teams provide an integrated service across the island of Ireland.
We advise domestic and global corporations, individual shareholders and entrepreneurs, sponsors and lenders, investment banks, private equity providers, and state and semi-state entities.
Objective of role
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Transactions and the Knowledge Partner, the successful applicant will be an integral part of our dynamic and market-leading Corporate & M&A practice. You will work closely with the group's partners, the Knowledge partner and the Knowledge team to maintain and update the group's current awareness and know-how resources, develop relevant training programmes for fee-earners and assist with the group's client knowledge function.
The success of our Corporate & M&A practice is driven by the practical application of up-to-date technical legal knowledge. Your role will be crucial in maintaining that success. You will be given the freedom and flexibility to innovate and strategically develop the group's knowledge function in an open and supportive environment. Ideally, you will have an interest in the use of technology to improve the group's knowledge offering. You will have the benefit of working alongside a large group of knowledge lawyers and the broader Knowledge team.
We are the market leaders on both domestic and international transactions:
Our domestic M&A expertise spans all sectors in the Irish market, from the most complex and high profile to the everyday. We act on transactions of all sizes for sellers, buyers and investors providing technical and strategic advice on everything from public and private M&A to equity investments and shareholder arrangements to incentive plans and governance matters.
The team has a reputation for providing innovative solutions and pioneering deal structures to global clients. Our New York and San Francisco offices are led by Corporate partners who together with our other offices ideally position us to advise on complex, cross border deals that come to Ireland.
If you are interested in the above role or require any further information please contact Grace Maguire, Talent Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
- Monitoring legal developments and the impact of new and proposed legislation and case law and preparing current awareness updates for the group
- Assisting fee-earners with technical and practical legal queries
- Developing and maintaining the group's precedents and ensuring that they reflect best practice
- Producing content for the group's intranet page.
- Driving the collection, organisation and sharing of relevant know-how across the group
- Assisting in the preparation and development of position papers, toolkits, standard documentation and other legal know-how
- Working with the Knowledge partner and fee-earners on appropriate knowledge management initiatives as they arise, for example, the capture of tacit knowledge in significant corporate and M&A transactions.
- Developing, in collaboration with the Talent department, technical legal training programmes for fee-earners of all levels and, where appropriate, having a role in the delivery of such training
- Organising regular internal practice update seminars
- Working with the wider Talent team on relevant training initiatives.
- Working closely with the group partners and Knowledge partner to prepare and deliver workshops to clients on particular topics
- Preparing legal updates and other knowledge materials for clients
- Developing and maintaining legal content on KnowledgePlus, our client knowledge extranet
- Assisting the Knowledge partner and group partners and the firm's Marketing team to leverage knowledge as part of the group's business development initiatives.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified solicitor/lawyer with ideally 5+ years of post-qualification Corporate/M&A experience
- Strong academic background
- Keen interest in legal knowledge, learning and development
- Commercial focus and business acumen
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to present at client seminars, conferences and workshops
- IT literacy and an interest in leveraging technology to improve knowledge offering
- Ability to think creatively and strategically and to drive innovation and change
- Ability to establish credibility with, effectively engage with and influence diverse teams of senior individuals
- Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a dynamic, intellectually rigorous environment.