Senior Events Planner
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Senior Events Planner will manage and coordinate a wide range of corporate events, liaising with partners, staff and external agencies to ensure that each event is organised professionally and efficiently at all times.
As a member of the broader Business Development and Marketing team, the individual will work closely with these other business service professionals. This is a 12 month fixed term contact role which will appeal to someone who thrives on working in an environment that is fast paced, challenging and rewarding.
Role and Responsibilities
- Internal liaison with partners and management to identify, plan and execute strategic client events and key relationship development opportunities
- External liaison with venue, designers, printers, catering, facilities etc.
- Handle all pre-event administration including invitations, accommodation, transport, speakers, photographers etc.
- Prepare relevant event materials such as PowerPoint slides, delegate packs etc.
- Arrange signage/branding for the event
- On-the-day administration and hospitality at events
- Post event follow up including preparation of event reports
- Development of new and appropriate concepts for entertainment and seminars
- Production of management information and reporting
Skills and Experience
- 5 + years relevant event management experience in a B2B services marketing, agency or professional services environment
- A passion for corporate events and client service of the highest standard
- Attention to detail, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure and deliver excellent client service
- Highly organised and efficient, with excellent administration skills
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills and strong communications skills
- Strong team player with ability to build rapport & work well with senior management and clients
- Flexible approach to working hours to meet demands of particular events
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as database management.