Talent Development Specialist (Legal ICT Trainer)
We are looking for someone with a passion for learning to join our Talent Development Team on a 12 month fixed term contract. A specific responsibility of this role is to deliver training to colleagues on the use of the technologies available at the firm.
The Talent Development Team which sits within our Talent function at ALG manages the ALG School of Business and Law. The ALG School provides a range of training and development initiatives that equip colleagues across the firm with the knowledge and skills required to successfully fulfill the expectations of their role.
Working as part of this dedicated team, this role comes with variety and responsibility. Previous experience in a comparable position is essential. The role is suited to a self-starter who can operate calmly under pressure, who is highly organised and can work effectively to deadlines.
Application deadline is Friday 16 August.
Role and responsibilities
- Assist the Talent Development team in the set-up of the annual curriculum of training and development, with a specific focus on the development of technical skills across the firm
- Create and facilitate in-house programmes e.g. induction training, contribution to ALG School programmes, roll out of new technologies and continuous development of technical skills across the firm
- Co-ordinate schedules and manage participants before, during and after a range of training initiatives. This includes: issuing joining instructions, administering questionnaires, collecting and collating feedback
- Prepare high quality training materials, ensuring all is brand compliant
- Create and maintain written training instructions and online learning materials in the form of e-learning courses, training videos, intranet pages and ongoing management of on-line learning platforms
- Research, test and develop new training related tools and technologies which can be used to support the Talent Development programmes in the firm
- Liaise with external providers, ensuring seamless delivery of all initiatives and a positive experience for participants
- Record and monitor all costs associated with selected training initiatives delivered
- Produce reports for all aspects of training delivered when requested
Skills, experience and characteristics
- Experience of delivering excellent client service
- Ability to deal credibly with senior people and external suppliers
- Excellent administration and programme management skills
- Methodical and consistent approach with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in an efficient and organised manner and prioritise workload to ensure all deadlines are achieved
- Ability to work under pressure and respond quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills
- A team player who is highly motivated and proactive with a flexible approach to work
- High degree of initiative and creativity used in problem solving
- Experience of delivering technical training sessions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience of managing/co-ordinating training and development programmes
- Experience working as part of a team in a professional services or corporate environment
- Social Media Skills – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.
- Knowledge of other internal legal systems and software products: iManage (Document Management System), DocX Tools, Aderant Expert, PdfDocs, CompareDocs, Skype for Business, Sharepoint, Camtasia, Articulate, Vyond