Technology Solutions Administrator
This Technology Solutions Administrator (TSA) role provides the chance to become part of an expanding Client Technology Team and an opportunity to create an impact in a firm that is transforming how legal professionals deliver legal services.
The role offers a unique blend of interacting with teams while also getting great hands-on experience of technology solutions. As we are transforming how legal services are being delivered, we are looking for someone who is committed, passionate about technology, comfortable in getting into the detail, but who also has the ability to engage with non-technical audiences.
The TSA will help to leverage technology in the development of legal services and have exposure to, and help with the selection of, a wide variety of applications. The TSA will also act as a technical subject matter expert for these applications and be a key point of contact for the business.
It is an exciting role in driving the firm's innovative approach to the practice of law, and the delivery of next generation technologies to, and service delivery systems for, our clients.
This role will report to the Client Technology Director.
- 2 years of experience in an analogous industry or role.
- 2-3 years of experience in support for IT Applications/Solutions with a significant internal client facing element.
- Solid background in Application Support.
- A relevant IT qualification and/or previous experience of working in a professional services/legal environment.
Role and responsibilities
- Oversee all day-to-day administration (performance, storage, users etc.) in line with business needs and in adherence to the firms IT Operations, Cloud, IT Security and Risk policies.
- Customise configure and maintain the current (and future) suite of applications to meet the requirements of any new project(s).
- Provide the first level of contact and technical support between the firm's end users and the suite of Client Technology applications. Triage, own and follow through on any user issues directly with 3rd party suppliers.
- Support the interaction between product suppliers and the Client Technology team.
- Own, create, and constantly keep up to date all end-user, administration and training documentation.
- Communicate clearly and concisely to all project stakeholders, at all stages.
- Produce usage, uptime, performance and technical reports for each application and address, or escalate any issues.
- Build a detailed and in depth understanding of the IT applications, business processes and approaches used across all areas of the firm.
- Work closely with 3rd party suppliers, IT Operations, IT Security and Risk to ensure that any current or new products proposals will work in line with current (or future) Client Technology, business or technical strategies.
- Manage the performance of each of the applications in line with the agreed SLAs. Monitor and track usage, subscription limits, user licenses etc. and ahead of time support the renewal process.
- Work with the internal teams to help communicate, coordinate and validate any system upgrades, patching or maintenance updates - ensuring priority given to the firm's business needs over 3rd party supplier requests.
- Understand project requirements in order to inform, influence and guide project teams and stakeholders as to the best and most effective means of implementing any changes to the suite of Client technology applications.
- Work closely with the PMO to ensure any project deliverables are created in line with the overall PMO lifecycle.
- Support all phases of the projects testing cycle to ensure applications are performing in line with project requirements are fit for purpose and ready for release.
- During the project go-live phase work closely with project stakeholders, 3rd party suppliers, business service, and IT teams to ensure a smooth transition to the new solution. Support the creation of operational cut over plans.
- Deliver or support the delivery of training and coaching on the business applications and systems.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies/industry trends in the technology space and their application to the firm.
Skills and experience
- Strong experience in administrating, maintaining and enhancing IT applications and products.
- Technically qualified with proven experience in a similar role.
- Good problem solving skills with strong attention to detail, time management, and organisational skills.
- Passion for technology, including technical platforms and applications and their impact on the practice of law.
- A self-starter who is comfortable in and committed to working through ambiguity with an ability to take the initiative.
- Strong organisational skills to handle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- Strong communication (spoken and written) skills are essential, together with a professional approach.
- Strong understanding of the cloud computing and experience in working in and managing cloud hosted solutions.
- Technical knowledge of data models, database design and querying relational databases using API's / SQL desired.
- Ability to be proactive in efforts to solve and explain technical problems to non-technical end users.
- Solid proficiency with the full Microsoft Office suite including M/S Project and M/S Visio.