Eamonn Conlon is a Partner in A&L Goodbody's Projects & Infrastructure and Construction Groups. He has specialised in construction for more than 20 years and has been involved in many of the largest and most complex projects undertaken in Ireland. Eamonn's practice involves procurement advice, contract negotiation and drafting, strategic mid-stream advice and dispute resolution. His clients include public authorities, private owners, sponsors, funders, contractors, and designers. Eamonn drafted Ireland's standard public works contracts. His dispute resolution experience includes mediation, conciliation, adjudication, arbitration and litigation.
Areas of Expertise
- Road authorities on arbitration of several disputes arising from design and build contracts.
- Contractor on major public building contracts.
- A university on procurement and contractual issues arising from several large building projects.
- Contracting authorities and aggrieved bidders in High Court procurement matters.
- Developers on construction aspects of major city centre office developments
- Life science companies on development of large manufacturing facilities
- Irish Water on several capital projects and programmes, including the design, construction, implementation and bringing into stable operation of a major expansion and retrofitting works on the largest water treatment plant in the country and one of the largest in Europe.
- Financial and industrial sponsors and contractors on several PPP contracts, ongoing advice to project company on PPP projects.
- Road authorities on issues concerning procurement of professional services and works arising on most of the design build road projects in Ireland in the last 15 years.
- A global consulting engineer on a dispute in connection with engineering services for a port development, a major piece of transport infrastructure.
"Eamonn has no shortage of pragmatic and cost-conscious solutions." (Legal 500 2018)
"Expert knowledge of construction law." (Chambers Europe 2018)
"A powerhouse of construction law with the ability to cut through very complex legal issues and take control of the situation." (Chambers Europe 2017)
"The genius of the academic side of construction law - he is the guru who you go to for all the angles and legal theory, and he writes amazing papers on construction issues." (Chambers Europe 2016)
Member, Engineers Ireland panel of conciliators
Member, Law Society of Ireland Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee.
- Solicitor, Law Society of England and Wales
- Solicitor, Law Society of Northern Ireland
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Attorney-at-Law, United States Supreme Court
- LL.M, University College Dublin
- Barrister-at-Law, Honourable Society of Kings Inns
- BCL, University College Dublin