David has 25 years commercial experience in the IT, finance and legal industries. He has worked with A&L Goodbody since 2012 and has unrivalled experience in the Irish market in the planning, governance and co-ordination of large / medium sized client mandates including portfolio loan sales and M&A transactions.
David co-manages and directs a team of 30 multidisciplinary professionals focused on cost effective delivery of the legal process elements of large or repeat process transactions.
Leveraging from his IT background, David works with the legal teams to design and implement bespoke technology solutions, including the award winning ALGorithm database, to co-ordinate and analyse the work performed across multiple work streams, enabling the production of clear management information for firm and client.
Areas of Expertise
- Ulster Bank on the Button, Achill, Finn loan sales and more recently on the €2.5bn Oyster, €1.4bn Scariff and €0.9 Deenish loans sales
- Allied Irish Bank on the sale of its €1bm Alder, €3bn Beech, €2bn Redwood and €0.4bn Project Cypress loan portfolios
- NAMA on the sale of the €7.2bn Arrow Loan Portfolio handover
- The Special Liquidators of IBRC on the €22bn loan portfolio disposals in particular the Evergreen, Stone, Quartz and Pebble portfolios
- Previous experience includes senior project management roles for large IT and business transformation projects including AIB (seven years), Bank of Ireland (three years) and Bank of Scotland (four years).