Anti-Money Laundering Unit
The A&L Goodbody Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Unit provides advice on all aspects of the AML/Counter-Terrorist Financing (CTF) regime and on the scope and impact of international financial sanctions.
Dario Dagostino, Partner and Head of Financial Regulation, is also the Head of this Unit. AML/CTF impacts all aspects of the financial sector. International financial sanctions impact a broader range of industries. The assistance required varies widely and, accordingly, the Unit comprises Partners and solicitors from different practice areas across the Firm.
Advice and Support
The AML Unit provides support to clients on a range of issues relating to AML/CTF, both regulatory and contentious, including advice and guidance on:
- governance and the role of boards and senior management;
- developing policies and procedures;
- all aspects of compliance;
- the money laundering and terrorist financing offences;
- authorisation as a designated person;
- reporting suspicious transactions and the interaction of the reporting obligations under the AML/CTF regime with whistleblowing obligations under other regimes;
- engagement with the Central Bank and other competent authorities regarding AML/ CTF supervisory and enforcement issues including investigations and inquiries;
- defending court proceedings relating to compliance.
The AML Unit also provides advice to clients on the scope and application of the financial sanctions regimes at a European and international level.
The AML Unit offers AML/CTF training to regulated businesses including specific training to Money Laundering Reporting Officers, boards and senior management.