The Foreign Registrations team at A&L Goodbody has been assisting clients to register their funds for sale in other jurisdictions for over 20 years. The team comprises a dedicated group of experienced funds professionals who provide a seamless service to clients, centrally managing all aspects of the registration process across the target jurisdictions. Together with an established international network of local law firms and relationships with translation service providers, paying agents and other relevant providers, the team makes the registration process as straightforward as possible for clients, allowing speedier access to local markets.
The team will:
- Manage the registration process centrally from beginning to end.
- Draft all documentation required for submission to the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) and to regulators in the local jurisdiction(s).
- Liaise with the CBI in respect of the required regulatory notifications and make all necessary filings with them.
- Recommend and liaise with local counsel where necessary, for example, to determine local filing requirements and drafting and update of country supplements.
- Review country supplements for compliance with Irish requirements.
- Arrange translation of documents including Key Investor Information Documents (KIIDs) where necessary.
- Liaise with host state regulators in respect of filings that may be made directly with them. The UCITS IV procedures facilitate direct filings with host state regulators thereby minimising additional local costs and we expect the same to apply in respect of the AIFMD.
- Assist on all ongoing filing and reporting requirements of the CBI, local regulators and local exchange obligations.
- Assist with the selection of local representatives and paying agents (where required).
- Facilitate efficient client tracking of registration status and documentation.
- Submission of semi-annual and annual financial statements and any other financial reports where required to host regulators.
- Co-ordinate the payment of annual registration fees and any other fees due in each jurisdiction.
- Respond to routine comments or queries in relation to the registrations.
- Arrange for documents to be certified.
- Obtain UCITS certificate/marketing letter from the CBI.
- Monitor websites if required, ensuring documents are uploaded and kept up to date.