Company Secretarial Services
A&L Goodbody’s specialist secretarial company, Goodbody Secretarial Limited (GSL) provides comprehensive company secretarial and compliance services to our clients. The company compliance and governance obligations for Irish companies have changed significantly in recent years. With the introduction of new legislation including the Companies Act 2014, the Companies (Accounting) Act 2017, the Companies (Statutory Audits) Act 2018 and the Beneficial Ownership Regulations 2019, compliance and regulatory landscape has become more challenging for companies.
For over 30 years, GSL has provided professional and dedicated company secretarial and compliance services. We have a highly experienced and qualified company secretarial team of solicitors, chartered secretaries and company secretarial assistants.
Through our experienced team, know-how and latest technology, we ensure that you get the most effective and efficient service, saving your company time and costs. This gives your directors comfort and peace of mind that they are complying with their statutory duties and obligations.
How can we help?
- Take care of your annual company compliance obligations including preparing and filing your annual return, maintaining your statutory registers and assisting with your annual general meeting (AGM) obligations.
- Act as named company secretary and provide you with a registered office facility allowing us to sign and file Companies Registration Office (CRO) forms for you and deal with post received for the company.
- Set up a new company or register a branch in Ireland within a couple of days.
- Schedule meetings, prepare agendas and board packs, and attend and minute meetings. We advise on matters that require shareholder approval, deal with proceedings relating to shareholder meetings and resolutions and take care of your statutory filings.
- Assist with company meetings, ensuring that they are in line with corporate governance practices. We provide a venue for meetings and technological solutions to facilitate the holding of board/shareholder meetings. We provide companies with online solutions to ease the distribution, accessibility and security of board papers.
- Advise on voluntary strike-offs and other options for winding up companies.
Drawing on the breadth and depth of expertise of our other specialist groups, we advise on a range of corporate matters including: implementing complex group reorganisations; best practice in corporate governance and regulatory compliance; matters relating to share capital; directors’ duties and transactions and arrangements with directors.
- Company Incorporation and Branch Registration
Ongoing Annual Compliance
- The Annual Return – preparing and filing annual returns and ensuring financial statements are produced and filed at the CRO on time
- The AGM – preparing documentation and resolutions necessary to convene, hold and minute the AGM
- Establishing and maintaining statutory registers on our electronic database
- Maintaining the company’s minute books
- Scheduling board meetings, preparing agendas, preparing and distributing board packs
- Attending meetings and drafting the minutes of those meetings
- Providing a venue for meetings and technological solutions to facilitate the holding of board meetings and the online distribution of board papers
- Acting as named company secretary
- Providing a registered office and mail forwarding facility
- Changes in directors and secretaries (appointments and/or resignations)
- Re-registration of different company types and changes to constitutions
- Changes to company name, business name and registered office
- Changes to share capital (transfers, allotments, redemptions and buy-backs)
- Arranging notarisation and/or apostilisation of documents
- Voluntary strike off, members’ voluntary liquidation and restoration
- Process Agent Services - GSL provides a process agent service to clients who do not have a physical presence in Ireland but carry on business or are a party to a transaction here. As process agent, GSL can accept service of legal proceedings on behalf of clients and keep them notified of proceedings.