Company Secretarial Services
For over 30 years A&L Goodbody’s company secretarial arm, Goodbody Secretarial Limited (GSL) has provided professional and dedicated corporate secretarial services to clients of A&L Goodbody.
We have a team of experienced company secretarial executives and look after almost 1,000 companies with each client having a key primary contact. GSL offers clear and concise advice on the statutory requirements and obligations applicable to each company. In conjunction with our Corporate department, GSL also plays a crucial part in company startups, corporate restructurings and commercial transactions.
As secretary, or shadow secretary, GSL can offer the following company secretarial services:
Annual statutory compliance services
- Annual General Meeting – drafting the documentation and assisting with the holding of the meeting.
- Annual Return – preparing the form and assisting with its filing in the CRO.
- Annual Audit – liaising with auditors to ensure the financial statements are produced on time.
Company secretarial support services
- Maintaining the company’s statutory registers on behalf of the directors, both in hard copy and electronic form and updating these as and when changes occur.
- Drafting of minutes and resolutions as required for changes to the company or its constitution.
- Ensuring CRO filings are made in relation to any such changes.
- Keeping the minutes of board and general meetings on behalf of the company.
- Acting as custodian for the company seal.
- Providing a registered office address at our Dublin office and offering a mail forwarding service to the client’s address of choice.
Advanced company secretarial services
- Organising, scheduling and attending board meetings, together with the taking of minutes and action points at those meetings
- Preparation for and attendance at AGMs
- Provision of the latest technology to facilitate board and shareholder meetings and the technological distribution of board papers
Other statutory compliance services, including:
- Company incorporations
- Registration/Administration of external companies (branches)
- Registration of business names
- Assisting with application/renewal of Section 137 Bonds
- Advising on methods of strike off/dissolution of unwanted companies
- Advising on administrative restorations of companies which have been struck off (within 12 months of dissolution)
- Legalisation services
- Assisting with reconstitution of company books
In an increasingly complex regulatory and compliance environment GSL provides the necessary vigilance and proficiency required of the Company Secretary, with an awareness of a company’s obligations and the ability to ensure that they are met.