Our EU, Competition & Procurement team is experienced in providing EU and Irish utility and general regulatory advice in a wide range of sectors including telecoms/electronic communications, energy, transport, pharmaceuticals and media.
We have extensive knowledge of regulatory developments in the EU and Ireland and frequently advise clients on its commercial impact. Our advice spans:
- Regulatory notifications
- Market investigations and reviews
- Market liberalisation
- Review of regulated markets
- Pricing matters
- Market access
- Regulatory matters affecting commercial transactions and M&A
We act for both corporate clients and semi-State entities in providing regulatory advice. This includes:
- Advice on regulatory issues for clients involves providing frameworks for clients in responding to sectoral regulators.
- Drafting sectoral legislative measures.
- Advising on the interface between regulatory and competition law issues (for example in framing responses to sectoral regulators in relation to the regulation and competition law treatment of markets in which participants have a particular market position (such as in the treatment of telecoms markets)).
- Drafting submissions and briefing to regulators.