- The Front Page, Asset Management & Investment Funds: Irish Practice Developments (29 April 2016)
On the Domestic Front, we look at Deadlines and UCITS V.
- The Front Page, Asset Management & Investment Funds: EU & International Developments (29 April 2016)
On the International Front we look at UCITS share classes, loan origination by investment funds, the ESMA Q&A on the application of UCITS Directive, the ESMA Q&A on the application of AIFMD, Data Protection, the PRIIPs Regulation, AML / CTF and the Fourth Anti-Money Laundering Directive and EU Commission focus on Fund Passporting, EMIR and Reporting challenges.
- Brexit or Britremain: Some Key Questions and Answers (29 April 2016)
Dr Vincent Power, EU & Competition Partner, addresses some of the key questions in relation to the UK's Brexit referendum on 23 June 2016.
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Securitisation 2016 Edition (29 April 2016)
Peter Walker, Partner and Jack Sheehy, Partner, in the Banking and Financial Services Department discuss the Irish legal guide to securitisation.
- Safety doesn't happen by accident - New Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (28 April 2016)
The Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment has published the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2016 ("CDM 2016").
- The Spent Convictions Regime – “forgive and forget” (28 April 2016)
Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions and Certain Disclosures) Act 2016 (the "Spent Convictions Act")
- Review of e-Privacy Directive (26 April 2016)
The European Commission has launched a public consultation on the current text of the ePrivacy Directive 2002/58/EC as well as the possible changes to the existing legal framework to make sure it is up to date with the new challenges of the digital age.
- Director who was 'deceived' not restricted by the Court (26 April 2016)
In Murphy -v- O'Flynn & anor  IEHC 197 a liquidator sought an order from the Court restricting William and Deirdre O’Flynn from acting as directors pursuant to Section 150 of the Companies Act 1990.
- The Kerry Group/Breeo Merger Case Settles (22 April 2016)
On 21 April 2016, the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission ("CCPC") announced that it was settling, and therefore not proceeding with, its appeal to the Irish Supreme Court of the CCPC's appeal against the High Court's annulment of the CCPC's prohibition decision regard the purchase by Kerry Group of Breeo Foods.
- Company Law: More reform is on the way! (19 April 2016)
The last year has been one in which we have seen some major changes to Irish company law.
- Banking Consultation on Prudential Treatment of Problem Assets (18 April 2016)
The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision has issued a consultation paper on the prudential treatment of problem assets including the definitions of non-performing exposures and forbearance.
- An overview of Commercial Litigation in Ireland (18 April 2016)
Liam Kennedy, Caoimhe Clarkin and Paula Mullooly of A&L Goodbody give their legal insight into the commercial litigation landscape in Ireland. This chapter was first published by the Encyclopedia of International Commercial Litigation in September 2015.
- A&L Goodbody guide to Securities Litigation in Ireland 2016 (18 April 2016)
Liam Kennedy, Partner, Caoimhe Clarkin, Partner, Stephen King and Don Collins, Solicitors, in A&L Goodbody's Litigation & Dispute Resolution Department provide an insight into Securities Litigation in Ireland in 2016. Reproduced with permission from Law Business Research Ltd. This article was first published in Getting the Deal Through: Securities Litigation 2016 (published in March 2016).
- Regulatory Enforcement: The Value of Preparedness (18 April 2016)
Laura Mulleady, Insurance Partner, looks at the potential for regulatory enforcement in relation to Solvency II and the value to companies in being prepared. This article was first printed for conference delegates at the European Insurance Forum 2016 in Dublin
- EU GDPR is finally agreed (14 April 2016)
After four years of negotiation, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has finally been agreed. It was given final approval by the European Parliament this morning, Thursday 14 April 2016.
- Construction Contracts Act to apply to contracts entered into from 25 July 2016 (14 April 2016)
It was confirmed yesterday that the Construction Contracts Act 2013 will apply to construction contracts entered into after 25 July 2016.
- Article 29 Working Party demands improvements to Privacy Shield (14 April 2016)
The Article 29 Working Party (WP29) held a Press Conference today, Wednesday 13 April 2016, welcoming the improvements brought by the Privacy Shield compared to the Safe Harbour decision, but calling for further improvements to ensure the protection offered by the Shield is essentially equivalent to that offered in the EU.
- Loan Origination by Investment Funds - ESMA enters the Fray (14 April 2016)
Regulated funds in some countries in Europe, including Ireland, have been permitted to originate loans subject to a variety of conditions. Unfortunately for the asset management community, these conditions vary from country to country and in some cases are contradictory.
- Competition law offence - disqualification from acting as a director of an Irish company (13 April 2016)
Any person Convicted of a Competition Law Offence in Ireland may be Disqualified from Acting as a Director of an Irish Company in Certain Circumstances
- Challenge to the Appointment of a Receiver on the basis of Non Est Factum (12 April 2016)
Freeman V Bank of Scotland plc, Simon Davidson and Lloyd Daly & Associates Ltd  IESC 14 This Supreme Court decision is as a result of an appeal from a judgment of McGovern J in the High Court which was delivered on 29th May 2014.
Showing 1 - 20 of 1757 Next >