- The Front Page - Q&A: April 2017 (27 April 2017)
Under the Fourth Anti Money Laundering Directive (4AMLD), who will have access to information on beneficial ownership (BO information) of VCC or ICAV funds?
- The Front Page, Asset Management & Investment Funds: Irish Practice Developments (27 April 2017)
In Irish practice developments: we look at some approaching deadlines and Irish Funds Guidance Paper 6 on Investment Restriction Breaches, Pricing Errors, Compensation and Reporting.
- The Front Page, Asset Management & Investment Funds: EU & International Developments (27 April 2017)
On the International Front we look at ESMA Q&As on application of AIFMD and the UCITS Directive, the ESMA study on the operation of home and host responsibilities under AIFMD and UCITS, the MMF Regulation, the CMU mid-term review, PRIIPs and Anti- Money Laundering/ Combating the Financing of Terror/ Corruption.
- WP29 publishes draft guidelines on DPIAs (25 April 2017)
The Article 29 Working Party (WP29) has proposed guidelines to help organisations identify when it is necessary to carry out a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) and how to do so.
- WP29 issues final guidance on DPOs, Data Portability and Lead Authority (25 April 2017)
The Article 29 Working Party (WP29) has issued its final guidance on Data Protection Officers (DPOs), Data Portability and Lead Supervisory Authority, in response to stakeholders’ comments.
- Data Protection Commissioner publishes Annual Report for 2016 (25 April 2017)
The Data Protection Commissioner (DPC) has published her Annual Report for 2016.
- Open and Shut Case: Dunnes Stores' closure of store doors amounts to breach of lease covenants (25 April 2017)
On 2 March 2017, Mr Justice Max Barrett delivered his judgment on the case of Camiveo Limited v Dunnes Stores  3 JIC 0209, relating to the closure of the main doors of the Dunnes Stores anchor unit at Edward Square Shopping Centre in Galway.
- Islamic headscarves in the workplace – the CJEU rules that a ban is permitted in limited circumstances (10 April 2017)
The Court of Justice of the European Union ("CJEU") has issued two long awaited rulings on employees wearing headscarves in the workplace and whether the prohibition of the wearing of headscarves by an employer is religious discrimination.
- 20 Dawn Raids in one Month: Ireland's Competition Agency goes public on Public Transport Investigation (10 April 2017)
Ireland's Competition and Consumer Protection Commission ("CCPC") has published details of an on-going investigation into potential bid-rigging in the procurement of publicly-funded transport services in Munster and Leinster.
- Gender Pay Gap Reporting – New Regulations (06 April 2017)
From 6th April 2017 UK employers with more than 250 employees will be required to publish annual gender pay and bonus figures online and similar obligations are expected to come into force in Northern Ireland in June 2017. In Ireland, the Labour Party published the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission (Gender Pay Gap Information) Bill 2017 which would see Irish employers with 50+ employees regularly reporting on their GPG.
- A&L Goodbody Guide to Securities Litigation in Ireland 2017 (05 April 2017)
Liam Kennedy, Partner, Caoimhe Clarkin, Partner, Stephen King and Don Collins, Solicitors, in A&L Goodbody's Litigation & Dispute Resolution Department provide an insight into Securities Litigation in Ireland in 2017. Reproduced with permission from Law Business Research Ltd. This was first published in Getting the Deal Through: Securities Litigation 2017 (published in February 2017).
- Tracker, Financial Services Regulation & Compliance - Banking (05 April 2017)
On the Domestic Front: The Credit Guarantee Scheme 2017 is published. On the EU Front: European Banking Authority publishes LCR Guidelines; European Banking Authority publishes Regulatory Technical Standards on the disclosure of encumbered and unencumbered assets; European Central Bank publishes guidance to banks on non-performing loans
- Tracker, Financial Services Regulation & Compliance - Funds (05 April 2017)
On the Domestic Front: Central Bank publishes the latest version of the AIF Rulebook dated March 2017; Central Bank publishes updated UCITS Q&A On the EU Front: Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee of the European Parliament adopts a draft report on the proposal to amend the EuVECA Regulation and EuSEF Regulation; Commission adopts delegated regulation on key information document for PRIIPs
- Tracker, Financial Services Regulation & Compliance - Insurance (05 April 2017)
On the Domestic Front: Central Bank publishes consultation paper on industry funding levies; Central Bank of Ireland publishes Insurance Quarterly newsletter. On the EU Front: Commission adopts a Delegated Regulation supplementing the Regulation on key information documents for packaged retail and insurance-based investment products; Commission adopts a Regulation on the calculation of technical provisions and basic own funds for the purpose of Solvency II reporting.
- Tracker, Financial Services Regulation & Compliance - Investment Firms (05 April 2017)
On the Domestic Front: Investment Firms Regulations 2017 are published; Central Bank publishes guidance and Q&As on the Investment Firms Regulations 2017; Central Bank launches a Consultation on the protection of retail investors in relation to the distribution of Contracts for Difference. On the EU Front: ESMA publishes Q&As on the Central Securities Depositories; ESMA publishes regulatory technical standards on package orders for which there is a liquid market.
- Tracker, Financial Services Regulation & Compliance - Cross Sectoral (05 April 2017)
On the Domestic Front: Financial Services Ombudsman Council 2017 Levies and Fees are published; Central Bank introduces new Consumer Protection Risk Assessment (CPRA) Model; Central Bank launches Consultation on New Methodology to Calculate Funding Levies. On the European Front: 7 Delegated / Implementing Regulations supplementing the Central Securities Depositories Regulation are published; European Commission publishes Shareholders' rights directive Q&A; Commission launches Consultation on the operation of the European Supervisory Authorities
- New European Account Preservation Orders (EAPOs) (04 April 2017)
Key Points: •Single application allowing creditors to enforce monetary claims against debtors having multiple accounts across EU Member States. •Available pre and post judgment – security required pre judgment. •Banks need to have clear procedures in place to allow speedy implementation of EAPOs and requests for information. •Depending on uptake may result in a significantly increased administrative burden for banks. •Limited ability for banks to recover implementation costs
- Ten Myths about Brexit (03 April 2017)
Dr Vincent Power of A&L Goodbody wrote an article in The Times debunking ten myths about Brexit
- The Front Page - Q&A: March 2017 (30 March 2017)
Does the Central Bank of Ireland require that externally managed VCC or ICAV funds maintain a designated email address?
- The Front Page, Asset Management & Investment Funds: Irish Practice Developments (30 March 2017)
In Irish practice developments: Some Approaching Deadlines; Updated AIF Rulebook and Q&A; Updated UCITS Q&A; Central Bank (Supervision and Enforcement) Act 2013 (Section 48(1)) (Investment Firms) Regulations 2017; Companies (Accounting) Bill 2016; a Central Bank consultation on Funding Levies for Credit Institutions, Investment Firms, Fund Services Providers and EEA insurers.
Showing 1 - 20 of 2052 Next >