- The Front Page, Asset Management & Investment Funds: Irish Practice Developments (18 December 2014)
Some Approaching Q4 deadlines for 2014 and beyond; Companies Bill passed by Dáil and Seanad Eireann; Updated Central Bank UCITS Q&A; Central Bank Markets Update; Central Bank Director of Enforcement Derville Rowland; Minimum Capital Requirement Report.
- The Front Page, Asset Management & Investment Funds: EU & International Developments (18 December 2014)
AIFMD Asset Segregation; Benchmark Regulation; PRIIPs; ELTIF Regulation; IOSCO and cross-border regulation; Fourth Anti Money Laundering Directive and Wire Transfer Regulation.
- Impact of the Companies Bill on companies operating in the Irish investment funds industry (18 December 2014)
The Companies Bill 2012 has now been passed by both houses of the Oireachtas. Assuming it is signed by the President of Ireland before the end of this month, it will become the Companies Act 2014 (the Act). It is expected that most of the provisions of the new Act will come into effect on 1 June 2015, although this date is subject to change.
- The Frontpage: Asset Management & Investment Funds December bulletin (18 December 2014)
Domestic: Deadlines, Companies Bill, CBI Enforcement, CBI Markets update CBI UCITS Q&A, UCITS MMFs, UCITS ETFs and Guidance on the Minimum Capital Requirement Report for AIFMs and UCITS Management Companies. International: AIFMD Asset Segregation requirements, Benchmark Regulation, PRIIPs, EuSEFs, EuVECAs, ELTIFs, IOSCO and cross-border regulation and the Fourth Anti Money Laundering Directive.
- Legal magic in the cloud? (30 November 2014)
John Whelan, Head of A&L Goodbody's International Technology practice looks at cloud computing in relation to data protection and contract law. First published in the 'Public Sector Magazine' (November issue).
- Employee background checks – How far is too far? (16 December 2014)
This article considers the methods available to employers to screen prospective employees in compliance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
- Companies Bill passed by Dáil and Seanad Eireann - Enactment expected soon (16 December 2014)
The Companies Bill 2012 returned to Dáil Eireann on 10 December 2014, when all of the amendments made by Seanad Eireann were considered and agreed to.
- Knowledge Weekly Bulletin 16 December 2014 (16 December 2014)
Employee background checks – How far is too far?; Companies Bill passed by Dáil and Seanad Eireann - Enactment expected soon
- Woman sues pharmacy for data protection breach (09 December 2014)
A woman, who claimed a pharmacy allowed her husband to watch CCTV footage of her buying a pregnancy test kit, has allegedly settled a Circuit Court damages claim against the pharmacy for €10,000.
- Interception of telecommunications messages (09 December 2014)
A Ministerial Order (S.I. 541/2014) has been passed commencing Part 3 of the Criminal Justice (Mutual Assistance) Act 2008, from last Monday 1 December, 2014.
- Compliance conditions in a planning permission must be read in terms of the then applicable standards (09 December 2014)
In Ogalas Limited (t/a Homestore and More) v An Bord Pleanála  IEHC 487 (23 October 2014) the High Court clarified that planning permission compliance conditions do not necessarily move with a change in the underlying Ministerial Guidelines but rather must be viewed in light of the Guidelines applying at the time.
- Eighth UK corporate manslaughter conviction (09 December 2014)
A UK waste management company, Sterecycle (Rotherham) Ltd, has become the eighth company to be convicted of corporate manslaughter under the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007.
- Dismissal for eating jam tart at work upheld (09 December 2014)
Last month we reported on an Employment Appeals Tribunal case where a claimant failed in her claim for unfair dismissal after she was dismissed for drinking coffee in her workplace, in breach of a workplace regulation.
- Knowledge Weekly Bulletin 9 December 2014 (09 December 2014)
Woman Sues Pharmacy for Data Protection Breach; Interception of Telecommunications Messages; Compliance conditions in a planning permission must be read in terms of the then applicable standards; Eighth UK Corporate Manslaughter Conviction; Dismissal for eating jam tart at work upheld
- Tracker, Financial Services Regulation & Compliance - Banking (03 December 2014)
Permanent TSB submits capital plan to ECB; CBI imposes fine of €3,500,000 in respect of IT governance failures by Ulster Bank Ireland; CBI consultation paper on new regulations for credit unions; ECB assumes responsibility for euro area banking supervision; ECB publishes letter from Jean Claude Trichet to Brian Lenihan from 2010; banks paid fines totalling $3.4 billion in respect of price fixing in foreign exchange market.
- Tracker, Financial Services Regulation & Compliance - Insurance (03 December 2014)
CBI survey, updates life, non-life and composite reinsurance requirements; Health Insurance (Amendment) Bill 2014; IMD2; UK Supreme Court case; EIOPA: Solvency II risk free interest rate, draft Solvency II ITS, consults on insurer product oversight, colleges of supervisors - action plan and fourth annual conference; IAIS guidance - G-SII liquidity; List of G-SIIs for 2014; UK Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment Scheme Regulations 2014; Mis-sale of insurance add-ons; PRA Solvency II updates; Insurance European response to consultation on IAS Regulation; FCA intermediary bribery and corruption risk management; Insurance Europe publishes various papers; FCA and PRA focus on Solvency II 'approved persons'.
- Tracker, Financial Services Regulation & Compliance - Investment Firms (03 December 2014)
CBI issues warnings about unauthorised investment firms; Irish Stock Exchange announces 50% reduction in clearing fees.
- Tracker, Financial Services Regulation & Compliance - Funds (03 December 2014)
Updated Central Bank AIFMD Q&A and UCITS Q&A; ISE EFTs disclosure requirement; ESMA Q&A on AIFMD; AIFMD passport and third country AIFMs; UCITS V; EuSEF and EuVECA Regulations; PRIIPs; MMFs.
- Tracker, Financial Services Regulation & Compliance - Cross Sectoral (03 December 2014)
CBI published Issue 7 of 2014 of its Markets Update, speech given by its Governor Patrick Honohan at the MABS Annual Conference and Skilled Person's Reporting – Statement of Proposed Use; ECB statements following conclusion of second post programme surveillance mission to Ireland; Bank of England publishes updated version of stress test scenario under CRD IV; Key Information Document for PRIIPS; G20: Leader's Communique; ECJ press release; PRA Consultation Paper: The PRA Rulebook; PRIIPs.
- Financial Services Regulation & Compliance November Bulletin (03 December 2014)
Domestic: Central Bank of Ireland updates life, non-life and composite reinsurance requirements. Irish Stock Exchange reduces clearing fees by 50%. CBI publishes Skilled Person's Report – Statement of Proposed Use. International: European Central Bank (ECB) assumes responsibility for euro area banking supervision. European Court of Justice (ECJ) press release relating to Advocate General's opinion on UK's challenge to remuneration provisions in CRD IV. Five major banks paid fines totalling $3.4 billion in respect of price fixing in foreign exchange market.
Showing 1 - 20 of 1344 Next >