Knowledge Systems Administrator
The Knowledge team plays a vital role at ALG. How we capture and manage our knowledge ensures that our people have ready access to the information and know-how that they need to deliver legal advice to our clients.
This role which reports directly to a Knowledge & Client Solutions Manager, will support the day-to-day management of our internal and external knowledge systems.
The ideal candidate may be either a recent graduate of library and information studies, information technology or another discipline, or an experienced professional services administrator with experience in the area of information management, knowledge management or systems management in a law firm or equivalent professional services.
Internal knowledge systems support
- Work with the Knowledge team to capture and organise knowledge and information for inclusion in internal knowledge systems.
- Support the Knowledge team by ensuring best practice management of the Know-How (KH) database, including review and audit existing and future content in KH database and knowledge sites on a continued basis.
- Answering KH database queries and troubleshooting end-user issues with IT support.
- Reviewing KH submissions for appropriate redaction and the management of precedents and practice notes.
- Maintain and update existing internal SharePoint Knowledge sites.
- Work with the team to implement new knowledge sites within the overall governance and information architecture of ALG knowledge systems.
- Provide support for new knowledge sites and systems developed by the Knowledge team.
- Management of internal blog subscriptions.
Internal knowledge systems training
- Schedule and deliver one-to-one introductory/ basic knowledge systems training to lateral hires.
- Provide on the spot support to end users with questions on how best to use ALG knowledge resources.
- Champion the use of knowledge tools across the firm. Work either independently or with training groups to create training material and train users on new and existing knowledge tools.
Client knowledge systems support
- Manage the weekly Knowledge bulletin: collect articles from authors, draft the newsletter, seek sign off and circulate
- Manage the knowledge inbox: register new users on extranets, troubleshoot client access issues, and register users on email circulation lists.
- Maintain and update content on various Knowledge extranets which are hosted on systems such as HighQ, Drupal, Vuture, Foleon and Wistia.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in corporate libraries or legal knowledge teams considered an advantage.
- Previous experience of any of the following areas an advantage: Website or intranet management, Information systems, information management, knowledge management, Taxonomies, Metadata
- Full training on all internal and external systems will be provided but experience working with iManage DMS, SharePoint and any content management system is considered advantageous.
- Confident and adept at using new technologies, takes ownership of own learning
- Understands the importance of correctly managing documents to ensure end users can find and re-use know-how
- Excellent organisational skills, able to work within tight timeframes, adapt to changing priorities and manage own workload
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail and a focus on the target audience and the end-user experience
- Proactive in agreeing priorities and identifying the appropriate level of importance/urgency for projects