Tax Lawyer (Dublin)
A&L Goodbody's Tax team is seeking to hire an experienced qualified Tax Lawyer and we would welcome expressions of interest from Tax Lawyers with 2+ Years PQE for the Dublin team.
The Tax team at A&L Goodbody works with many of the world’s leading corporates and financial institutions providing a broad spectrum of Irish taxation advisory and transactional services.
Key duties and responsibilities
Candidates will be considered at all levels, and will have the opportunity to be involved across a range of areas and industry sectors;
- International tax and cross border planning for corporate reorganisations, restructurings and inward investment projects into Ireland
- Mergers, acquisitions, demergers and IPOs
- Tax controversy
- Capital markets and structured finance transactions
- Private equity transactions
- Transfer pricing
- Asset and project finance for international and domestic aircraft and equipment.
- Real estate tax
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years relevant PQE within a corporate law firm
- Candidates must be a qualified lawyer and have a professional tax / accounting qualification
- A competitive remuneration package
- Access to the firm’s marquee training and development programmes, delivered through the ALG School of Business and Law
- Discretionary sign-on bonus and/or relocation bonus
- Discretionary performance bonus
- Pension and health insurance contribution, clubs and subs contribution, marriage/civil partnership gratuity and leave, life assurance, complimentary conveyancing allowance and a subsidised restaurant and coffee shop.
A&L Goodbody (ALG) is a leading Irish law firm. It has 6 international offices in Dublin, Belfast, London, New York, San Francisco, and Palo Alto. There are currently 115 partners and over 900 employees. The strong international and domestic business community in Ireland forms a valuable part of the A&L Goodbody client base.
We are incredibly proud that A&L Goodbody has been ranked as a 'Top Tier' firm in The Legal 500 EMEA Guide for 2023. The firm is consistently ranked number one in the Irish market and on a European level. A sample of other recent notable awards include: listed as one of Ireland's top 25 best places to work according to LinkedIn's Top Companies list for 2022; Irish Law Firm of the Year (2022) by Chambers Europe; Irish Law Firm of the Year (2021) by Who's Who Legal; Most Popular Graduate Recruiter in Law (2023) by GradIreland; Rank 1 in 19 practice areas (2023) by Chambers & Partners; Tier 1 in 24 practice areas (2023) by The Legal 500; Tier 1 in all 11 practice areas (2022) by IFLR; Outstanding Firm for Pro Bono (2021) by Chambers Europe; and Diversity & Inclusion Firm of the Year (2021) by EMEA Tax Awards.
A&L Goodbody has a reputation for leading the way in continuously developing its service to clients and internally to its business. This is delivered through the use of new processes, ways of working and technologies and marketing-leading business service teams.