Tracker, Financial Services Regulation & Compliance - Funds
Central Bank of Ireland Deadlines for Pre-Christmas/Year-End Applications
The CBI issued details of its pre-Christmas or pre-year end approval deadlines for receipt of applications:
- for approval of funds and sub-funds that have pre-Christmas or pre-year end approval deadlines (this includes self-managed/ internally managed investment company/ICAV applications and risk management processes); and
- for approval of post-authorisation amendments that have pre-Christmas or pre-year end authorisation/ approval/ noting deadlines.
The Central Bank has requested specific details of applications which have pre-Christmas or pre- year end authorisation/ approval/ noting deadlines to be lodged with it by close of business on Friday, 7 October 2016.
Central Bank of Ireland Markets Update
The CBI published a Markets Update which includes;
- Updated UCITS Q&A (14th Ed.) which includes new Q&A in respect of umbrella funds and cash accounts (Q&A 1067 – 1069) and new Q&A on the submission of the second set of half-yearly accounts by UCITS management companies / depositaries (Q&A 1070 – 1072).
- Updated AIFMD Q&A (20th Ed.) which also includes the new Q&A in respect of umbrella funds and cash accounts (Q&A 1108 – 1110).
- Director Time Commitments letter. The letter highlights significant progress in reducing concentrations of directorships and areas for directors to consider when reviewing their capacity to fulfil their directorship roles.
Responses to ESMA call for evidence on asset segregation and custody services under AIFMD and UCITS V
ESMA published the responses it received in respect of its call for evidence on asset segregation and custody services under the AIFMD and the UCITS Directive.
Regulation amending EuVECA Regulation and EuSEF Regulation
On 26 September 2016, the Presidency of the Council of the EU published its first compromise proposal for the proposed Regulation amending the European Venture Capital Funds Regulation and the European Social Entrepreneurship Funds Regulation.
For further information please contact a member of the Financial Regulation team.
Date published: 04 Oct 2016