Andrew Sheridan is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Commercial & Technology group. His practice covers the contentious and non‑contentious aspects of intellectual property and data, as well as commercial agreements and technology law. He regularly advises on IP and data-driven transactions, as well as all legal issues relating to data regulation, including in the context of data privacy crises and investigations, deals and new data uses. Before joining A&L Goodbody, Andrew worked for a global law firm based in London.
Areas of Expertise
Commercial & Technology/Technology Regulation and Investigations/Commercial Contracts/Data Privacy/Data Security/ IT Contracts/Intellectual Property/Privacy & Data Security/Outsourcing/General Data Protection Regulation
- A global business on its response to a large-scale cyber attack and related data protection investigations around the world.
- One of the world's largest consumer technology companies on a technology licensing transaction.
- Several global technology companies on data privacy and regulatory engagement.
- A number of international companies on GDPR compliance programmes and data privacy investigations.
- Numerous international business on the brand and technology-related aspects of mergers, acquisitions and disposals.
- A major telecoms company on net neutrality, data privacy and related issues regarding new online business models and copyright infringement.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland, 2016
- PG Dip Intellectual Property Law and Practice, Oxford University, 2014
- Solicitor, Law Society of England and Wales, 2011
- LLM, Kings College London, 2008
- BCL (International), University College Dublin, 2007
Partner, Commercial & Technology