Brendan Fox is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Litigation Department in Belfast. Brendan specialises in the areas of intellectual property, construction litigation, dispute resolution and real estate litigation. Brendan acts for a wide range of clients including architects, quantity surveyors, consulting engineers, developers and housing associations in procurement and construction disputes. He has also advised many leading brand names in his intellectual property practice.
Areas of Expertise
Litigation & Dispute Resolution/Projects & Infrastructure/Construction & Engineering/Commercial & Technology/Projects & Infrastructure
- Representing a private limited company in an arbitration under the ICC rules in relation to a cross-border dispute.
- Several major financial institutions in relation to multi-million pound claims against solicitors, surveyors and valuers.
- An insurance brokerage firm in the defence of High Court proceedings commenced by a building and civil engineering contractor.
- A shopping centre owner in High Court litigation against a major retail tenant challenging a restrictive covenant as being in restraint of trade.
- A building contractor in connection with a series of adjudications with a mechanical and electrical subcontractor.
- A private limited company in a challenge to the jurisdiction of the Northern Irish courts to determine a commercial dispute.
'Brendan Fox impresses with the ease with which he grasps the issues in a dispute. He has supreme people-handling skills and he can talk knowledgeably and with respect to anyone involved in the dispute." (Legal 500 UK 2020)
"Sources speak highly of him as a "no-nonsense and very robust litigator," who is also "well grounded and organised - he does what is required in a very diligent and clinical way."" (Chambers UK 2019)
"Delivers high-quality commercial legal advice, and will fight for his client's interests." (Chambers UK 2018)
"Extremely dedicated to the welfare of his clients…nothing fazes him. An experienced practitioner with particular strength in high-value disputes." (Chambers UK 2016)
Brendan lecturers and writes extensively in the areas of Construction and Intellectual Property.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Northern Ireland, 1991
- LLB, Queens University Belfast, 1989
- LLM, Construction and Dispute Resolution 2013