Ciaran McAlinney is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Finance Department. Ciaran specialises in syndicated lending, acquisition finance, general corporate lending and structured/limited recourse financing transactions, including project finance. Ciaran has worked on key transactions in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and across Europe. Prior to joining A&L Goodbody, Ciaran spent a number of years in London with Clifford Chance and was seconded to the Global Banking and Markets division of Royal Bank of Scotland.
Areas of Expertise
Finance/Energy, Infrastructure & Natural Resources /Commercial & Technology/Energy, Infrastructure & Natural Resources /Finance
- UTV Media plc in relation to a senior facilities agreement arranged by the Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland.
- Quinn Group in connection with the restructuring of its €1.2bn financing provided by syndicate banks and international bondholders.
- Contour Global on its participation in the project financing of a combined heat and power plant providing power to Coca-cola bottlers in Northern Ireland.
- Royal Bank of Scotland on the Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland aspects of the financial restructuring of the Ultralase group of companies.
- Danske Bank in relation to the demerger and restructure of one of the largest corporate groups in Northern Ireland.
- Major funders and borrowers on the project financing of key renewable energy projects.
- Danske Bank on various corporate loan facilities.
- Allied Irish Banks as arranger, of €350m facilities for a private equity buy-out of a major healthcare group and subsequent ‘bolt on’ acquisitions.
"Ciaran McAlinney is appreciated by clients for being a "problem solver" and for his commercial and flexible approach." (Chambers UK 2020)
"Someone who will think a problem through before trying to formulate advice on any particular issue. He's also very approachable and easy to work with." (Chambers UK 2019)
"Ciaran was highly knowledgeable and provided excellent service." (Chambers UK 2018)
"Very strong commercial approach and excellent customer service." (Chambers UK 2017)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Northern Ireland
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Solicitor, Law Society of England and Wales
- MBA, University of Ulster
- BA (Hons), Law & Government, University of Ulster