David Fitzgerald is a partner in the Real Estate department. David has experience in acting on a wide variety of real estate transactions including development projects, investment acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant matters and real estate financing. David has particular expertise in the development and financing of residential and PRS schemes. Before re-joining A&L Goodbody, David spent a number of years in the Real Estate department of a Magic Circle law firm in London.
Areas of Expertise
- Greystar on its acquisition of the Dublin Landings PRS development.
- Henderson Park on its €1.36bn acquisition of Green Reit plc.
- Henderson Park on its acquisition of the commercial and PRS scheme at Heuston South Quarter (HSQ).
- DWS on the development and financing of an Aparthotel in Dublin 8
- Activate Capital on the financing of various development sites in Dublin and Cork.
- Henley Bartra JV on the acquisition of a portfolio of commercial properties at Citywest Campus and Cork Airport Business Park.
- Starwood Capital on various matters including its financing and ongoing management of the Elmpark Green Campus.
- The French purchaser on the property aspects of the acquisition of a majority stake in eir, Ireland's largest telecoms company.
- Indego/National Asset Management Agency on the disposal of The Square Towncentre, Tallaght, Dublin.
‘David makes himself available, brings commercial matters to the fore and deals with the legal and technical elements. He has excellent knowledge of the market.’ (Legal 500 2022)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University College Cork
- LLM, University College Cork
- ALG MSc Business of Law