Eamonn Gill is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Construction & Engineering and Climate Action & Infrastructure Groups. He has over thirty years' experience advising on construction law and construction related litigation/arbitration/mediation, both contentious and non-contentious. Eamonn advises on contracts generally (at every tier), procurement, public private partnerships, insurances (for contractors and insurers), bond claims, general construction claims, litigation, alternative dispute resolution and health & safety. On the non-contentious side Eamonn advises sponsors, developers, funders, sureties, contractors, designers, insolvency practitioners and regulators. He is also a mediator in construction and commercial disputes.
Areas of Expertise
- Copper Bridge C 2015 ICAV in relation to the development and construction financing of 6.8 acres of prime land in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
- Cavalli Investments ICAV (Kennedy Wilson) on the refurbishment of existing offices on Baggot Street Dublin for Bank of Ireland.
- Point Village Developments Ltd in relation to a bond claim and related contractual matters, including the construction of the proposed Exo Building.
- The landlords of Liffey Valley Shopping Centre, Dublin, in relation to the extension and development of the Centre.
- Wyeth Nutritionals Ireland Ltd in relation to various projects in Ireland.
- Irish Aviation Authority on their various contracts, including the development of the new Air Traffic Visual Control Tower at Dublin Airport and securing an Order from the Commercial Court to stop an individual trespassing on the site and disrupting the works.
- German Funds in acquiring two residential blocks of apartments in Dublin.
- A major retail tenant in defending claims for contribution where the façade of a building was replaced because of the presence of Nickel Sulphide in the glazing, including two hearings in the arbitration.
- A Receiver in relation to a substantial final account claim under an IEI contract.
- Insurance companies in relation to claims arising under their policies of insurance, involving analysis, advices on liability, negotiations and dispute resolution.
"Eamonn Gill is exceptional in his field, always available with sound advice and great commercial acumen." (Legal 500 2020)
"He has a very pragmatic approach, depth of knowledge and commercial acumen." (Chambers Europe 2020)
"Eamonn has extensive experience in both contentious and non-contentious construction law." (Chambers Europe 2018)
"A highly respected figure in this sector who advises on a broad range of issues….giving clear advice and delivering on what was agreed." (Chambers Europe 2016)
Eamonn is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University College Dublin