Ger O'Toole is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Real Estate department. Ger has extensive experience in all areas of commercial property. He acts for a number of Irish and international clients. Ger advises developers, investors, landlords, tenants, funders and operators in all sectors of the property market. He has particular experience of handling large scale multi property transactions.
Areas of Expertise
- Glenveagh Properties plc on its IPO on the Irish Stock Exchange (involving 27 residential development sites).
- Royal London Assurance on the sale of the Project Sovereign retail and office portfolio, consisting of 16 properties which sold for in excess of €150m.
- Targeted Investment Opportunities in relation to the acquisition and subsequent sale of its Irish student housing platform.
- Targeted Investment Opportunities on the acquisition, letting and sale of the new Grant Thornton HQ development at City Quay, Dublin.
- BCP Asset Management and Meyer Bergman on the acquisition of a Dublin city centre high street retail and office development site.
- Targeted Investment Opportunities on the acquisition, letting and sale of the Airbnb HQ at Hanover Quay, Dublin.
- BCP Asset Management on the acquisition of high street retail investments and an office park investment.
- The purchaser of a major loan portfolio from NAMA.
- Cerberus on various disposals of assets acquired through loan sales including Projects Eagle, Aran, Gem and Arrow.
- AIB on the sale and leaseback of the Bankcentre complex in Ballsbridge and the sale and leaseback of part of its bank branch network.
"Excellent to deal with, technically capable and commercial." (Chambers Europe 2019)
"Ger has a large breadth of knowledge." (Chambers Europe 2018)
"A very smart practitioner...gets involved in the details of the deal." (Chambers Europe 2018)
"A great lawyer on large-scale transactions, very experienced. Knowledgeable in all areas of commercial property." (Chambers Europe 2016)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University College Dublin