John has over a decade of experience in dealing with commercial property matters in both the public and private sectors including all aspects of specialist Landlord and Tenant advice – site acquisition, assembly, development funding and disposal. John is also one of the leading property lawyers working in the energy sector in Northern Ireland and advises utilities, developers and lenders with a particular focus on on-shore and off-shore wind. In addition, John advises many of the leading insolvency practitioners in the jurisdiction in relation to property insolvency matters.
Areas of Expertise
Real Estate/Energy, Infrastructure & Natural Resources
- Energy sector clients in relation to on-shore and off-shore wind;
- AD Plant Leases, gas pipe lines and cross- jurisdictional sub-station and electricity transmission;
- London and International insolvency practitioner on acquisition management and disposal of property assets in relation to retailers in administration;
- Corporate clients on the property aspects of business, disposals, portfolio management and contentious land issues;
- Renew-able energy companies in relation to electric vehicle charging infrastructure. John is the leading solicitor in Northern Ireland in relation to the property aspects of this technology
"We have trust in John's service. He has always delivered good outcomes." – Chambers 2022
Named a rising star in Legal 500 from 2022
John is the current secretary of the Northern Ireland Commercial Property Lawyers Association [ John is a member of Renewables NI].
- Solicitor, Law Society of Northern Ireland 2011
- Certificate of Professional Legal Studies at The Institute of Professional Legal Studies 2011
- LLB Hons, Queens University, Belfast from 2008
Partner, Real Estate